|𝐄 𝐏 𝐈 𝐋 𝐎 𝐆 𝐔 𝐄|

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐄𝐋𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐃𝐎𝐖𝐍 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐈𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐎𝐊𝐘𝐎. Mist sweeps down from the mountains, bringing a certain chill to the air. People scramble to find shelter as the rain picks up, coming down hard enough to make it hard to see a few meters in front of them. Cars drive slowly along the wet streets. Shop owners are bringing people in, the news forecasting a possible hurricane.

A boy walks down the sidewalk, hands stuffed deep in his pockets. In his hand, he clutched a bouquet of soaked flowers. He drug his feet under him, his gaze trained to the darkened concrete. Water rolls off his drenched hair, dropping onto his clothing. The yellow hoodie he wore clings to his skin.

“Hey! Kid, get in here before you get sick!” The door to a bakery swung open. He slowly looks up to see a woman waving to him. He looks around before realizing she was talking to him. Feeling bad for having her stand there, he picks up his pace and steps inside.

“T-Thank you,” He said, bowing his head.

“Don’t worry about it. Here, dry yourself off. I don’t want you tracking water in my shop,” She handed him a towel. “Do you want me to put those in a vase?”

He glanced down at the flowers in his hand. “But...they’re ruined.”

“Nonsense,” She said, taking them from him. “They just need a little care is all. Who were they for? A girlfriend?”

“M-My teacher...actually,” He said, rubbing the towel over his head. “Sh-she…”

The blonde woman looked over her shoulder at the boy. “You’re a kid from Jujustu High, aren’t you?”

He looked up in surprise. “H-How did you--”

“The name is written on this card,” She said, arranging the flowers in a clear glass vase. “The ink is smeared, but, I can make out the name. Gojo Y/n, right?”

“Y-Yeah,” He mumbled. “D-Do you…?”

“Haiyaku Naomi,” She introduced. “Y/n is a friend. I know about what happened.”

“Y-You do?” He asked, standing across from her at the counter. He placed the folded towel on the marbled surface.

“What’s your name, kid?” She asked.

“I-Itadori. Itadori Yuuji,” He said, bowing his head.

“It’s nice to meet you, Itadori-kun. Would you like something warm to drink? And no worries, it’s on the house, so get whatever you like,” She smiled.

“J-Just a tea,” He said.

“Why don’t you have a seat?” He nodded and walked towards a table by the window. He looked out in the gloomy scenery. It was bare now, not even a car on the streets anymore. The street lamps flickered, and signs rattled by the blowing wind.