|𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘 - 𝐓 𝐇 𝐑 𝐄 𝐄|

∆𝐌𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐀 𝐒𝐏𝐎𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑(𝐒) 83 𝐀𝐍𝐃 85∆

𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐁𝐔𝐘𝐀 𝐀𝐑𝐂.

𝐀𝐑𝐄 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐄𝐃?

𝐎𝐂𝐓𝐎𝐁𝐄𝐑 31𝐒𝐓, 2018, 𝐀𝐓 6:30 𝐏𝐌, L/n Juno, head of the L/n-Haiyaku clan, dies by natural causes. Fifteen minutes later, Gojo Y/n is promoted head of the clan, and her brother, Haiyaku Shota, is taken from power. He is now placed as counsel for Y/n’s decisions.

At 7:00, messages were sent out to all Jujustu Sorcerers concerning a curtain with a 400-meter radius that was cast, centered at the Tokyo Department Store, Tokyo branch. A curtain that only trapped civilians inside. Y/n disregarded the message, ignoring the flurry of texts from other sorcerers as soon as they heard of the death in her family.

The hand on her shoulder slid to the back of her neck, brushing the hair from there. He squeezed the back of her neck, forcing her from her thoughts.

“We need to leave for Tokyo,” He said.

“I’m not leaving,” She whispered.

“Satoru’s right, Y/n,” Sho said. “You need to leave. Leave before things get dangerous there.”

“It’s 7:30 and by the time we get there it’ll be after 8,” She said, her gaze far off and glazed over.

“Nanami and Fushiguro just got there. They said they need us. We have to go, Y/n,” Gojo took her hand, beginning to lead her away.

Her mother’s body lay at her feet, arms crossed over her chest with a branch from the orange tree in her hands. Her face was pale, already taking a green tint under her eyes, her veins visible from the lack of oxygen in her final moments. Her eyes were shut, a peaceful and harmless expression on her face.

Gojo turned his wife away from the sight, his own gaze lingering on the body. He forced it away, leading Y/n from the home. Right now, he couldn’t feel any of her cursed energy. He knew she was concealing it, scared to even use it. If it were to spike, he knew she was afraid she wouldn’t be able to control herself.

The ride to Tokyo was mostly silent, save for Y/n telling Gojo where to go. When they arrived in Shibuya, both of them felt the looming presence surrounding the area. Y/n frowned, closing the car door as Gojo replaced the black sunglasses with his blindfold, before facing her.

“You--”

“Go to Mei Mei and check up on Itadori first. I already know,” She said, stuffing her hands into her pockets. “I’ll see you after.”

“Hey, wait a second,” He said, grabbing her arm. He spun her around, tilting her face up before kissing her softly.

“What was that for?” She mumbled. He grinned and pecked her cheek.

“Good luck,”

“Yeah, you’re gonna need it after I shove my foot up your ass,” She said, waving over her shoulder as she walked away. She paused. “Are you sure you don’t want me to go with you?”

“Nah, I’ll be fine. Besides, isn’t it your job to watch Yuuji anyhow?” He asked, walking back towards the veil.

“I hope you fall,” She called.

“Already fell for you, sexy!”

“Shut the fuck up!”

She watched him disappear into the veil and sighed, turning around. She put a hand on the back of her neck before trekking towards Itadori’s location. She stopped, glancing from her phone to the sign before her eyelids sank.

“Seriously, Mei Mei? A graveyard?” The woman scoffed, stuffing her phone into her pocket.

“Ah, Gojo-san!” She said.

“Ugh, don’t call me that, Mei,” Y/n said, rolling her eyes.

“Y/n-sensei!” Itadori said. “What are you doing here? I thought you were with Gojo-Sensei!”

“My job isn’t to help Satoru. It’s to keep an eye on you,” She said. “Mei Mei, are you and Ui Ui able to handle this on your own?”

“Sure we are,” She chuckled. “Are you taking Itadori-kun with you?”

“Yeah,” She said, turning and walking away. “Let’s go.”

“O-okay!” He said. “I’m just glad to get away from them. They’re so weird...anyway, where are we headed, Y/n-sensei?”

“Well, we were going to find Fushiguro and Kugisaki, but there’s been a change in plans,” She said, replacing her phone into her pocket. “Another curtain like the one in Shiyuba just appeared at the south side of the city. We need to hurry, so we’re gonna run. Make sure you stay beside me and don’t fall behind.”

“I won’t!” He grinned, following after her as she laughed airily and started running down the road.

“Hey, Yuuji, I’ve been meaning to ask you,”

Itadori looked over at his teacher. “Ask me what?”

“Why do you want to be a Jujutsu Sorcerer?”

“I want to save as many people as I can,” He replied. “I’m going to eat all of Sukuna’s fingers and destroy him for good.” She glanced at him before looking away.

“Doesn’t dying scare you?” She asked.

Itadori laughed nervously. “To be honest, I’m terrified to die. But, if it’s to save a lot of people, then, I’ll happily die. After all, it was my Grandpa’s last thing he said to me.”

Y/n eyes widened briefly, before falling into heavy lids. She slowed her pace as they neared their destination. She sighed and rubbed a hand over the back of her neck.

“You know something?” She said.

“A Sorcerer? My, that’s a very hard job, Y/n,”

“I can do it!”

“Yes, yes, I know you can!” The older woman chuckled. “If that’s what you want, then I will let you. But I want to ask you something,”

“What?”

“Why do you want to be a sorcerer?”

“Isn’t it obvious, Mama? I want to help people. I want to save people, away from the guys like Otousan. I don’t want people who have curses like us to live as we do. I want them to have a better life. I just wanna see people smile!”

E/c eyes shone brightly as the fifteen-year-old girl stood before her mother, smiling brightly. The sun illuminated the side of her face, allowing the dark bruising under her eye, and the cut on her forehead to be visible. Her mother knew it was from her father. He hated people like them, those who had been cursed. He despised them, and let them know every day.

“Yuuji, you and I…”

She flicked her eyes to him. Briefly, he saw a small light within them, before it seemed like darkness took over them. Lifeless, he thought.

“...we’re not so different after all.”

|•°|

(Gif not mine)