|𝐓 𝐇 𝐈 𝐑 𝐓 𝐘|

𝐈'𝗺 𝐧𝗼𝐭 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝗼𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐚𝐩𝐚𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐥 𝐜𝐮𝐬𝐭𝗼𝗺𝐬, 𝐛𝐮𝐭 𝐈 𝐝𝐢𝐝 𝐝𝗼 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈'𝗺 𝐬𝗼𝐫𝐫𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐚𝐝𝐯𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐢𝐟 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐬 𝐢𝐧𝐜𝗼𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭

𝐄𝐧𝐣𝗼𝐲 :)

𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 𝐇𝐀𝐕𝐄 𝐁𝐄𝐄𝐍 happy. She should have been smiling, giddy with excitement as the servants of her home placed the kanzashi in her h/c hair. She should have been looking at her mother with glistening eyes, relieved to finally be marrying the man of her dreams. She should be looking at the white kimono she was wearing and be glad.

But she couldn’t. She couldn’t bring herself to smile at her own reflection. Despite the makeup being brushed onto her cheeks, she couldn’t stand to see the mess staring back at her. The drained look in her eyes. The dark circles under her eyes in the process of being covered up. The small cut on her lip from fighting Itadori just last night.

It all seemed unreal. The wispy touch of her mother’s hand on her shoulders as she came to stand behind her felt like a spirit’s hands, rather than her living mother’s. The older woman met her daughter’s gaze through the mirror, and Y/n forced herself to smile. For her mother’s sake.

“Do you want this, Y/n?” She asked in a soft tone, fixing the collar of the kimono.

“Of course I do,” She whispered. “It’s what I always wanted.”

Her mother slightly tilted her head. “But?”

Y/n was quiet for a moment before her shoulders rose and fell in a heavy sigh, and she hung her head. “It feels like a fever dream,” She admitted. “Like any moment, I’ll wake up and none of this would have actually happened.”

“Do you doubt your love for Satoru?” She questioned. Y/n frowned.

“Why would I?”

“Then you have nothing to worry about, dear,” She chuckled wearily.

Y/n sulked in the chair she sat in, leaning back towards her mother. “Do you think this will fix things, Mama? For you? Sho, and Naomi?”

“If you are only marrying Satoru to please others, then you might as well call this wedding off now,” Y/n turned in her chair quickly, facing her mother with a deep frown.

“What are you--”

“You marry someone because you love them, Y/n. I made the mistake of allowing your father to send you off with a man you didn’t love, and terrible things happened to you because of it. There isn’t a day that goes by I don’t regret my actions and my cowardness from rejecting his proposal. I know in my heart, that you love Satoru,” She chuckled, brushing her nimble fingers along her cheek. “I found some of the love letters he wrote you before the wedding that you left behind. He wrote one every day, wasn’t that right?”