I.IX

A/N: This chapter's song is "Fool's Gold" by One Direction

A/N: This chapter's song is "Fool's Gold" by One Direction. I don't want to explain that. Just... look up the lyrics after reading and you'll understand why.

"Katie," Your heart is still racing from the kiss and the surprise of your friend coming up behind you. "I thought you said you were going to shower and go to bed." It's a stupid comment. Obviously, she didn't just go straight to bed.

"What is Professor Hotchner doing outside of our apartment?" Katie crosses her arms across her chest, "No actually, more importantly, what is Professor Hotchner doing kissing you?"

"What?" Just like that, your IQ falls about 80 points. Play dumb. That's definitely the best choice in this situation.

"Y/N... please tell me you are not seeing our professor." Katie brings a hand up to hold her temples.

"Okay, I'm not seeing our professor," You attempt to push past her and she shoots a hand out to grab your wrist, pulling you back to stand in front of her. You hope your long-drawn-out sigh is enough to warn her that you're really not in the mood for a scolding or beratement or even to chat right now. It's been a long week. "Please Katie just..."

"Just what? Let it go? Pretend I didn't see it?" Katie's eyes search your face but you roll your eyes, "No, we're talking about this."

"I'm exhausted and I want to sleep," You groan, cursing the fact that your drunken buzz is rapidly fading, "This doesn't have to be a big thing."

"It's already a big thing." She argues. You open your mouth to protest, to fight her off, but if you know anything about Katie, it's that when she's dead set on something, there's no excuse, no possible escape. So you let out a sigh and move to lean against the kitchen island, a small distance away from her. Where do you begin? How do you explain it all to her?

"How long has this been going on?" Katie's body language loosens up and she pulls the towel from around her neck, drying her hair lightly as she looks over at you.

So you tell her. You tell her everything. Well, not every single detail of the sex, but you tell her how many times you've seen him, you tell her about the late-night booty call, you tell her about the kiss with Charlie, you tell her about the weekend at his apartment. You tell her about blowing him off all week. You don't tell her about him walking you home, you don't tell her about the conversation the two of you just had outside your building. You leave out the fights with him. You leave out the way he kicked you out on your ass this past weekend.

Katie shakes her head, and the words that you already know are coming fall from her lips, "Y/N, you can't... you cannot keep seeing him."

Your eyes look away from her piercing, searching gaze. Deep down, you know she's right. This isn't a relationship and it's not just a fling anymore. The way you felt all week being separated from him? It made you sick to your stomach. You couldn't focus on anything, your mind always wandering back to him. Not just wandering back to the sex, but to his voice, his hands, his eyes, his laugh, his smile. The way his brows furrow deeply when he's reading. That damned hand thing he does. The way he subtly bites at the corner of his lips when concentrating. "I really... I really like spending time with him. He understands me, you know?"