Chapter 30

Hello my lovely readers! I'm back! Explanation (and a huge, sincere apology) will be in the ending notes :)

TW: Mentions of abuse

________________________________________________________________________________

When you woke up the following morning, it was to sunbeams shining in your face and your hair sticking to your skin, soaked in sweat. You blinked a few times, batting away the traces of sleep from your eyes. The thick, plush blankets were tucked around your upper back with only your head, neck, and left arm being exposed to the cool wind of the air conditioning.

Your hand was placed against Jeongguk's neck, thumb gently resting on his pulse point. The calm, steady beat of his heart indicated he was still asleep. You moved your arm slowly, making sure not to jostle him as you pushed the blankets down as far as you could reach. You let out a relieved sigh as your entire torso was uncovered, goosebumps forming on your skin as it desperately tried to breathe in the cool air.

When you glanced down at your belly where it was pressed against your soulmate's, you noticed the presence of a tanned hand cupping the curve of Jeongguk's waist. Your eyes followed the arm up until it disappeared behind you, your body finally registering another chest pressed to your back. You twisted your neck to look behind you, peripherals barely catching wisps of dyed red hair sitting against the stark white bandages on your shoulder.

Hoseok? You thought. When did he get here?

You pulled your upper body up off of Jeongguk's chest, trying to wiggle onto your back and relieve the numb feeling in your right arm. One slight movement from you was enough for both boys to tighten their grip on your waist. You sighed and sank back down into the sweltering bedding.

"Having a little trouble there Songbird?" A voice teased from near the window, still husky from sleep.

For the first time since you woke up, you looked away from the bed, noticing the rest of your five soulmates asleep in various parts of the room. Taehyung and Jimin were curled up on the armchair in the corner by the door, heads leaning together and fingers interlocked. Yoongi had chosen to take up residence in the chair Jeongguk had abandoned the night before, head resting on a throw pillow sandwiched between his cheek and shoulder. It was not a pillow you recognized from your own room. However, if the sage green was any indication, this must mean Jaehwa was finally warming up to the boys. The last two were sitting on the fuzzy rug they must've pulled from in front of the bed, backs leaning against the wall. Seokjin's head rested on Namjoon's shoulders, chest rising and falling as he slept. The latter was sitting up, dragon eyes trained on you, lips quirked in a smirk.

You rolled your eyes, trying not to laugh. "Pulling out the nicknames this early in the morning Joonbug?"

An eyebrow quirked. "If noon constitutes as early in the morning, then yes."

"It's noon?" you exclaimed a bit too loudly, palm pushing into Jeongguk's abdomen as you sat up.

A choked wheeze sounded through the air as the boys slowly began to rouse from sleep. The arms retracted from around you as your bedmates woke up, the one behind you rubbing his eyes while the one in front of you clutched his stomach. You grimaced, meeting Jeongguk's pained eyes.

"I'm sorry bun," you said, apologetically.

Jeongguk whined. "I helped heal you last night and this is the thanks I get in return?" The sudden urge to kiss away his pout quickly disappeared as you felt a pair of arms wrap around your waist. Hoseok placed his chin on the curve of your shoulder, lips brushing against the crook of your neck as he spoke.