Chapter 18

Multiple series of four counts ricocheted off the walls of the practice room as you watched Hoseok lead the dance lines rehearsal. 

After your talk with Namjoon, he'd asked if you wanted to accompany him to the boys' company building. He said it was because he didn't want to walk alone, but you knew judging from the way his eyes darted around, it was because he didn't want you to stay home alone, lost in your thoughts. 

When you managed to sneak into the building without anyone recognizing you, Namjoon gave you a brief tour of the building, then left you to your own devices as he went to the recording studio. That's how you managed to wander into the practice room, where you were currently leaned against the door frame, yet to have caught the four boys' attention. 

The humid air inside the room was a stark contrast to the cool breeze wafting in the hallway, a clear sign of the dancers' hard work. The boys' tan skin shone with sweat, cheeks rosy from the strenuous work. Their hair was matted to their forehead, drenched in perspiration, and their chest rose and fell rapidly in an effort to take in as much air as possible. 

It took another three minutes of observing them before Jeongguk caught your eye in one of the floor to ceiling length mirrors. Caught off guard by your sudden presence, the boy stopped dancing, causing Taehyung to run into him during a formation change. 

"Jeonggukkie why did you stop?" Taehyung whined while rubbing his aching shoulder. Jimin, following his younger soulmate's line of sight, noticed you by the doorway as well.

"Y/N!" he exclaimed, running over to envelop you in a welcoming embrace. 

You squirmed your way out of Jimin's hold, palms pushing against his chest. "Ew, Jimin you're sweaty, let me go!" The boy let you go with an endearing chuckle, before walking towards his bag to grab a dry towel. 

"What are you doing here?" Jeongguk asked as he all but skipped his way over to where you were, Hoseok and Taehyung trailing behind him with matching smiles on their faces. 

"My members are all out so Namjoon asked if I wanted to come see all of you," you omitted the part about Namjoon being at your place, knowing he'd catch his members up later. "What are you guys working on? I've never heard the track before."

Hoseok began bouncing on the balls of his feet, unable to contain his excitement. "It's not our song, it's TXT's new title track! I get to choreograph it this time!" 

The maknaes began cheering and hitting Hoseok, yelling out encouraging phrases to show how proud they were of him. 

"PD nim said Hoseokie hyung might be able to qualify for "Best Choreography" at the Gaon Chart Awards in January! Don't tell anyone though, it's still a company secret," Taehyung said, placing his index finger over his mouth, as if asking someone to be silent. 

You made a zipping motion over your lips, "My lips are sealed. Your secret is safe with me."

Jimin made his way over to the rest of you and slung his arm over Jeongguk's shoulder. "Namjoon hyung just texted. The two of us have to go record the new single."

Hoseok pouted, "But I need one of you to stay with Tae and help me choreograph."

"Ask Y/N to help you, she's a great dancer!" Jeongguk said, shooting you a bright smile. You blushed at the compliment, before nodding at Hoseok.

"Sure, I can help. I've got some time on my hands before I have to head home." 

"Perfect, thank you!" Hoseok said, walking towards the center of the room. "Let's get started then."

You and Taehyung waved goodbye to the two vocalists before joining Hoseok on the dance floor. About halfway through the choreography, you were just as drenched in sweat as your two counterparts.