Chapter 4

BTS Dorm 

"Toast to yet another successful comeback!" Namjoon praised, raising his glass into the middle of the circle.

Jeongguk shifted the camera in his hand before holding his glass out as well, turning to face the phone held out by the selfie stick. 

"Toast to Army for always being by our side, this award is yours as well!"

The boys all cheered and sipped their champagne, even Taehyung, who try as he might, could not keep the disgusted look off his face. Jimin just laughed before grabbing the bottle of juice for his best friend. Everyone finished saying their own sweet messages to the V Live viewers before Jeongguk turned off the camera and plopped onto the couch. His soulmates all followed, eager to get off their aching feet and relax for the rest of the night.

"Wow, I still can't believe we did that," Jimin breathed, eyes wide.

"Artist of the year," Jeongguk couldn't keep the wide smile off his face as he looked at his older brothers. 

"It's all a product of our hardwork and the love of our fans, without them, we wouldn't have made it this far," Yoongi said, one of his gummy smiles peeking out, though his eyes were droopy. 

"I wish we could do something for Army, to show them how thankful we are," Hoseok's eyes were shining the way they always did when he thought of their beloved fans.

"We'll come up with something, but we can't think of any good surprises if we're hungry. Who wants lasagna, it's Italian food tonight," Seokjin stood and walked towards the kitchen. The rest of the boys cheered before cleaning the table to make way for dinner.

"Oh by the way," Seokjin started speaking to get everyone's attention. "Did you hear about the chef who died?" 

Choas filled the room as the maknaes began shouting.

"What??"

"Who??"

"Chef hyung died??"

"Yeah, he pasta way." It was dead silent for a minute before a familiar sound of windshield wipers filled the room. Jimin started giggling the way he always does after hearing one of the eldest's corny jokes. Meanwhile Jeongguk attacked Seokjin with punches as the other members all rolled their eyes. 

Joyous laughter could be heard echoing off the walls of the apartment as the young boys celebrated through champagne and various pastas. All except one member, who wasn't actively participating in the festivities.

Jimin nudged his best friend, "You ok Tae?"

Taehyung nodded, eyes focusing on his boyfriends and the worried looks in their eyes.

"Yeah I'm fine, just still a little shocked I guess. I really had my doubts this year. Meliora's career really took off these past few months."

"They deserve the success though, those girls work so hard...and their music is really catchy," Hoseok commented, his guilty pleasure for girl group music shining through.

"It is! Their concept this time was really cool too, I liked how they made it seem like they were defying society's standards for girls. It sends a really powerful message to their female fans to be brave and fight the patriarchy, especially is it's oppressing them," Namjoon, ever the one with the philosophical mind, put in his two cents as well.

"Too bad we didn't get to speak to them much, I was hoping to stop by their dressing room and congratulate them, they did win an award as well," Seokjin sighed a little disappointed. 

Taehyung furrowed his brows, "I don't think they like us much, hyung."

"Why do you think that Tae?" Yoongi was a little shocked. Taehyung was never that quick to dismiss potential friendships, as the younger member was always the most enthusiastic to meet someone new.