Chapter 15

Seven days. You had seven days until Jimin's birthday party, and you had yet to find him a gift. It wasn't that you'd forgotten. You just had no idea what to get him. What do you get someone who has the resources to get whatever he wants?

You huffed and shut your laptop down, tossing it next to you on the bed. Maybe it was time to recruit some help. You picked up your phone, scrolling through your contacts.

Jeon Jeongguk was the first potential helper on your list. Although you knew he and Taehyung knew Jimin the best, they probably weren't the best people to ask. Chances are, they'd get so excited that you'd asked them for help, that they might end up spoiling the surprise. Not on purpose, more like they'd want to brag to all their members that you asked to spend time with them.

Next up, Jung Hoseok. Hoseok was your best bet. Wouldn't spoil the surprise, very comfortable to be around, creative mind. Sadly, you were a few hours too late, considering Seokjin had sent you a selca of the two at the mall earlier this morning.

Kim Namjoon? No, he already bought his gift for Jimin.

That left Min Yoongi. You clicked on his contact and typed out a message, hoping he'd be willing to help.

Song Y/N: Hello Yoongi. Are you free to answer a question of mine?

The response was almost instantaneous. You were shocked and looked at the time. 3:20 pm. This was prime Min Yoongi nap time, so it was a wonder that he was awake, much less texting you back.

Min Yoongi: Good afternoon Y/N. I'm not busy right now. What can I do for you?

Song Y/N: I have no clue what to get Jimin for his birthday. Would you mind giving me a few ideas of what he might like? Clothing brands, cologne scents, anything will be a help really.

Your plan originally was to ask one of the boys to accompany you on your shopping escapade, but you chickened out. Yoongi still intimidated you. The thought of his sharp eyes observing your every move at dinner the first night left you feeling anxious. You wanted him to like you, and the last thing you needed was to make a mistake resulting in you falling out of favor with him.

Min Yoongi: Do you like walking?

Your brows furrowed as you read the odd message, not sure what walking has to do with Jimin's birthday.

Song Y/N: Sure, I don't mind walking...

Min Yoongi: Jimin's favorite boutique is close to your apartment. Get ready. I'll be there in ten minutes. We'll go together.

You threw your phone onto the sheets as you scrambled out of bed, rushing to get dressed.

________________________________________________________________________________

You heard a knock on the front door as you stood in the bathroom, brushing out your hair.

"Can someone get the door? I'm busy!" you heard Jaehwa shout from her bedroom.

"I got it," Minji yelled back, moving towards the door.

"Unnie wait!" You ran down the hallway, not wanting any of your members to know you were going shopping with Yoongi. They would tease you to no end, never giving up a single chance to embarrass you. Sadly you were too late.

Minji made a choked noise when she saw who was on the other side of the door. "Yoongi-ssi, hello. What brings you here?" she asked with a bow.

Yoongi bowed back before glancing over Minji's shoulder at you. "I'm here for Song Y/N," was his short response.