Chapter 19

When you woke up a few hours later, it was on a comfortable couch rather than the cold, practice room floor. A little disoriented, you sat up rubbing your eyes, unable to recognize the foreign room you were in. Across from where you were sitting was a large mounted TV, under which were a computer, large speakers and complex recording equipment. 

"This must be one of the rappers' studios,"  you thought. You racked your brain trying to remember whose studio it was, knowing you've seen a glimpse of them all in the members' lives. 

Looking around for more clues, you saw on the left a beautiful digital piano. You stood up and walked over, taking a seat on the rolling chair in front of it. Delicately trailing your fingers over the keys, you placed your hands in position, playing the chords for the song you were writing. You closed your eyes, letting the music ring out, so lost in your own world, you didn't notice the door open.

"Oh you're awake. I thought JK broke in again because he was lonely."

A sour chord filled the room as you jumped out of your seat, frightened by the newcomer. The chair crashed to the ground, falling over from the force when you pushed it away. You winced, looking at Yoongi, who looked like he was trying to smother an amused grin. 

"Jeez, try not to break anything in here will you?" he teased, reaching over to set the chair up right again.

"I'm so sorry," you spluttered, still a little thrown off that you were in Yoongi's studio of all people. "The piano was sitting there just glaring at me and I haven't played in a few days. I shouldn't have touched it without asking, I'm sorry!"

The infamous Genius Lab was like Narnia to those outside of BTS. An unknown land that everyone talked about, but no one got to see, not in person at least. You also knew that Yoongi loves his privacy. Why else would there be a passcode lock on the door? 

Things were already tense between the two of you, and it felt like you were walking on eggshells. Walking on eggshells wearing Jeongguk's heavy biker boots. In other words, nearly impossible not to break. The last thing you wanted was to make him even more upset with you. 

"Y/N calm down, I'm not mad," Yoongi let out a breathy laugh.

You cocked an eyebrow, confusion clear as day on your face. "You- You're not?"

"Why would I be mad that a pretty girl was playing my piano? It's pleasing to the eyes and ears."

Despite the brave comment, the tips of Yoongi's ears dusted pink, a clear sign of his shyness. 

You were astonished. Out of the seven boys you'd grown to know, Yoongi was the last person you would assume would be so openly flirtatious. Butterflies took flight in your stomach and you smiled bashfully.

"You think I'm pretty?" 

Even though Minji was the designated visual of your group, every single one of your members was confident in her looks, you included. It still didn't hurt to hear a compliment, especially from someone as handsome as Yoongi. 

Yoongi choked on the water he was drinking, taken aback by your question. Openly voicing the compliment itself was a big feat for Yoongi, much less having to repeat it. 

"Doesn't everyone? Anyways," Yoongi quickly changed the subject, trying to hide his embarrassment. "The song sounded nice, new track?"

You giggled slightly. Teasing Yoongi was quickly becoming one of your favorite pastimes. "Just a melody that's been stuck in my head for a while."

The rapper nodded, silence overtaking the room again. You cleared your throat awkwardly before speaking again.

"Do you know how I ended up in your studio? Last I remember, I fell asleep in one of the practice rooms." You fiddled with the ring on your right hand, a nervous habit you've always had.