Revelation of Feelings

Tsu'tey didn't know how long he stayed there until he heard his family call out to him. Artsut wanted to go over and console her child when he emerges, though he didn't show it, a mother could tell when her child is hurting. Tsu'tey locked eyes with his mother and gave her a strong look. Now was not the time for him to act weak when the people are already falling through the Great Sorrow.

He nodded at Mo'at who stood right in the center of the tree with Neytiri and the Singers. The Tsahik nodded before she began the prayer. The singers soon joined in with Neytiri leading in Ni'nat's absence.

Tsu'tey stared at the People praying, some with their eyes closed and others with their eyes glued to the tree with sorrows equally matching his. He closed his eyes and let the Prayer Song wash over him.

He was interrupted in his meditative state when a shadow suddenly blocked the light. He opened his eyes with his ears pinned back as he glanced up only to tense up when the familiar roar of the Toruk came as the mighty beast descended on them like a predator about to pounce on its prey.

The People screamed but all Tsu'tey could hear was ringing in his ears. His gaze was still on the Toruk but the main focus was the one that was riding the Toruk. There was another call and it was to his surprise another Toruk that showed up only this one was slightly smaller and had lighter coloration than the first one.

This is...

There was never a time when Toruk appeared with another one. This made Tsu'tey wholly wonder the meaning of this sudden appearance. His gaze drifted to the smaller Toruk and his disbelief surged even further when he saw the one riding it.

Emersyn...

Her face was set in a determined frown as she stared down at the hundreds of pairs of eyes looking up at her and her brother. She didn't say anything even as her brother headed straight for the crowd as the People parted to let him through. Neytiri met him halfway as her gaze stayed towards Jake but Tsu'tey's eyes were on Emersyn before his name was suddenly addressed by Jake.

"Tsu'tey of the Rongloa, son of Ateyo. I stand before you, ready to serve the People." Jake spoke in perfect Na'vi that Neytiri couldn't help but feel a swell of pride "You are Olo'eyktan, and you are a great warrior. I can't do this without you" Jake said. Tsu'tey flashed him an uncertain look, The people trusted the tawtute (Sky people) once and he lost someone important to him and when they did let the tawtute (Sky people) in, it resulted in losing their home.

How could he-

The Toruk Jake rode roared with its wings spread out while the other one let out a smaller roar and nodded its head towards them. He may never fully trust all tawtute (Sky People) but Eywa had never given him a reason for doubt and if the great mother thinks she could trust these two then-

"Toruk Makto, I will fly with you" Tsu'tey said, placing a hand on Jake's shoulder. He saw Emersyn looked at him with a small smile on her face before Jake spoke up "My friend is dying. Grace is dying" The news was so shocking that Neytiri and Mo'at held each other in shock while Tsu'tey tensed up. While he had known the woman as one of Silwanin's friends and she had somewhat earned his respect but he wasn't close to Grace Augustine as many thought so. 

"Bring her to me" Tsahik's words were the trigger words for Jake to spring into action as he bounded for toruk and flew away to get Grace Augustine. Tsu'tey watched for a moment at the disappearing figure of toruk before he spotted Emersyn standing in the fray as the other toruk flew away after she had connected her tswin (queue) with it.

He quickly came up behind her, wanting to say a few words since their separation after the fall of Kelutral (Hometree). "Kaltxì Olo'eyktan (Hello Clan Leader)" Was the first thing Tsu'tey heard coming out of Emersyn's mouth and he found himself hating that title coming out of her mouth.

"Call me by name Emersyn" Tsu'tey said. There was a flash of surprise in Emersyn's face before she nodded. There was silence between the two of them, both not knowing what to do or what to say.  One saw her dash away from him before they could continue their conversation and Emersyn knew that hurt Tsu'tey when she didn't answer his question before. The other didn't get a chance to explain herself before she went off to rescue her brother from doing something stupid once again.

They both have unanswered questions and they weren't sure who's to start first.

Emersyn opened her mouth to speak up when she heard someone calling her, apparently a few Na'vi hunters she knew as they were all part of a hunting group was gesturing for to come over. Tsu'tey didn't say anything but his tense body posture and the way he eyed the males, similar to a predator watching the prey.

On a normal occasion of him seeing his student being called over by some Na'vi didn't deter but after spending more time with her and her fiery temper and challenging attitude, that feeling of uneasiness and sudden sparks of anger grew all the more when more Na'vi called for her attention, whether it be a sparring match or a quick race to the treetops.

He minded when the males 'seemingly' got too close from her and he minded all the more that every time she went with a different Na'vi besides him, there was always a smile of enjoyment on her face while most of the times she spent with him were more scowls and challenging looks with arrogant smiles when one beat the other in witty banters.

That he minded very much...

There was a loud roar that made Tsu'tey look up to see Jake and Neytiri returning with Grace's tawtute (Sky People) body. He didn't need to get a closer look to assess how bad she is. The fact that her arm was hanging limply on her side as Jake carried her made him half believe Jake brought in a corpse.

There was a loud holler of a pa'li with footsteps getting louder and louder and he saw a different uniltìrantokx (Dreamwalker) appear. At first, the Na'vi tensed but when they saw him carrying the Avatar body of Grace gently, they relaxed.

Grace's Avatar body had been covered and situated outside the Tree of Souls as outsiders weren't allowed to walk on the grounds of the Na'vi's most ancient and sacred place. The night was starting to fall and the people slowly gathered and connected their tswin (queue) on the roots of the sacred tree. Immediately there was a reaction as the Na'vi slowly fell into a trance-like state, the feeling of the grounds of Pandora surrounding them as their connection with Eywa increased.

They breathed deeply, in sync with the bioluminescence on the ground that seemed to move like a heartbeat.

Tsu'tey was below on the base of the Tree with Neytiri and some of the singers, with Ni'nat leading them, in front as Mo'at chanted a prayer of guidance from Eywa for Grace's permanent passing of her tawtute (Sky People) body to her Na'vi form.

Unfortunately, it wasn't enough and that Revelation almost broke him. Grace, although he wasn't close to her, much less become friends with her. She was an important person in Silwanin's life and she had confided in him that she had considered Grace as a mother figure to the kids, a thing he thought was foolish but got the understanding when he watched over the children one day and saw how Grace reacted to them.

It was there he began to look out for the woman if it only means to reassure Silwanin that she was safe. After her death, he began to distance himself from Grace. Not that he hated her, that part is mainly her place of origins as tawtute (Sky People), the bigger part of him distanced himself because he was ashamed, he wasn't one for failing but he did fail to protect Silwanin and what was worse, she died right in front of her second mother. 

Although he distanced himself from her, that didn't mean he still protects her whenever she comes to the forest, provided that the reason she comes to the forest is merely to gather samples with her other hunting party.

Grace's final moments were the faces of her loved ones close to her vision and she greedily watched every single one of them in a glance. A peaceful expression on her face, her work here is done and someday, they would be able to meet again.

That day, Grace Augustine left the world and into Eywa's arms where she was then greeted not only by her deceased loved ones on Earth but also those she made here in Pandora.