Betrayal

Tsu'tey never known betrayal throughout his life but he knew it's a word that Sky People use everyday and he was thrown back into that harsh reality when Jakesully confessed before them his true purpose of coming into the clan.

BIND HIM!

Eytukan shouted with anger and had ordered the Na'vi to bind Jake and Grace Augustine before preparing the Omaticaya Warriors for the defense of Hometree. Tsu'tey's mind was blank but his focus was on to protect the People. The only thing that was running through his mind was "Did Emersyn know about this? Was she involved in this? Was everything a lie?" The sounds of the metal ikrans that Tawtute use to fly in the sky and there were hundreds of them.

Snapping himself out of his thoughts, a growl made its way to his throat as he and the rest of the ikran makto engaged the tawtute up on the sky to no avail. the metal ikran they rode couldn't die, no matter how many arrows they shot at it. Tsu'tey immediately signaled the ikran makto to fall back when he realized the tawtute were not aiming for the Na'vi, they were aiming at Kelutral (Hometree).

Tsu'tey felt heavy within him as those around him stared at him on what to do next yet his mind was in a blank. It wasn't until there was an ominous sound coming from. He watched as their ancestral home lurched before it began to fall. He quickly sounded a retreat as he and the other ikran makto left its branches and watched at the fall of Kelutral (Hometree). There was nothing but cries of the people for miles on end as the metal ikrans carrying the tawtute finally left the area, having seen the destruction of their home.

Tsu'tey landed in a clearing as he raced to the cluster of Na'vi in search of his family. "Tsmukan! (Brother)" Zrina called out when she saw him approaching her "Oe tsunke run sa'nu sì sempu! (I cannot find mom and dad!)" Zrina shouted, tears threatening to fall on her face. She had been with a group of young Na'vi around her age when the attack started and she broke from the group to find her parents when the event was over.

"Awnga run ayfo (We will find them)" Tsu'tey soothed as he cradled her. They wandered around the sea of people, searching for any of their family member before they bumped into Arvok who was supporting a bleeding arm. He had caught himself under a sharp edge of Hometree's branch and although it was just a minor gash, it still bled significantly. Zrina quickly ran up to Arvok who gave have a reassuring side hug before turning his attention to Tsu'tey with a pained look on his face.

"Sa'nu sì sempu lu frawzo. Eytukan lu kerusey, ngenga lu olo'eyktan set Tsmukan(Mom and dad are okay. Eytukan is dead, you are Clan leader now brother)" Arvok said those devastating words which made nearby Na'vi cry out in pain and distress. Tsu'tey wanted nothing more than to shed a few tears but now was not the time. 

Quickly gathering himself in order not to break down in front of Zrina and Arvok, Tsu'tey schooled his features and quickly ordered all Omaticaya away from the wreckage of their home and towards the direction of The Tree of Souls. Ateyo and Artsut led Zrina and a couple of children, all who were separated from their parents, with them with Arvok following them behind.

Tsu'tey met up with Neytiri and Mo'at who looked like death just ran over her as she held her daughter's arm for support. Neytiri had a face of rage, heartache and guilt rolled into one. She had let a tawtute into their home moreso to her heart and he slashed and broke it when he betrayed them. She looked at Tsu'tey in the eyes, wanting to see the look of disdain for mating a tawtute but all she saw was understanding in Tsu'tey's eyes and it was then Neytiri realized she had almost forgotten about Jake's other siblings.

The two shared an understanding look before one of the singers suddenly walked up to them with a nervous look on her face "Tsaw lu Ni'nat, poe nìnew ke 'ärìp(It is Ni'nat, she will not move)" Neytiri and Tsu'tey looked at one another before Neytiri said she will deal with Ni'nat so that Tsu'tey can deal with the crowd and make sure all Na'vi leave this dead and desolate place.

Neytiri found Ni'nat hunched over Tom's body and seeing Tom's face that was eerily similar to Jake made the rage in her body burst forth as the image of her father's death planted on her mind. Ni'nat felt a hand grab her arm that was busy stroking Tom' face and pull her up. She let out a yell and shoved whoever pulled her and drew close to Tom's vulnerable body.

"Lì'upe lu nga-! (What are you-!)" Ni'nat shouted but then gasped when she saw the tear stained eyes of Neytiri. She had heard of Jake's betrayal moments after the attack of Kelutral (Hometree). She didn't say anything when Neytiri pulled her hand back "Awnga tìkin tsonta kä. Txìng fko uniltìranyu (We need to go. Leave the Dreamwalker)" Neytiri said with bite in her tone. Ni'nat shook her head "I will not leave ma mate" She said in almost perfect English.

Although she had no idea what had transpired between Neytiri and Jake but judging by the scent she's given off -

"Nga muntxa hu Jhake (You mated with Jake)" Ni'nat stated. The pain in Neytiri's eyes became more pronounced but she didn't deny the statement. Ni'nat gave her a reassuring before replying again "I will not leave ma mate" Neytiri stared at Ni'nat as the young singer cradled Tom.

A hand was placed on her shoulder and she turned to see Tsu'tey staring at her with a resolute expression on his face. He nodded to Ni'nat before replying "Nga lu frakrr zola'u nìprrte' nì'eyng (You are always welcomed back)" Tsu'tey said. Implying that Ni'nat will always be welcomed in the Omaticaya clan but it couldn't be said for the young male in her arms. Ni'nat nodded as Tsu'tey dragged Neytiri away who had an expressionless look on her face.

***

They had arrived on the sacred grounds of the Vitraya Ramunong. Tsu'tey stayed to watch over them before having to excuse himself to a secluded area under Mo'at permission. He sat down for a moment as he recalled the events that had happened in the last few moments he had been with her up until this moment wherein it finally settled within him that his mentor, someone he considered as a second father to him was gone, his only home and the home his ancestors lived before him was now charred by the flames brought by the tawtute.

And there was the case of Emersynsully.

When was it?

Tsu'tey wracked his brain. When did he begin to fall for her? When he first got her as a student, he had wanted to get rid of her, mainly by tiring her out and letting her know this place was not meant for outsiders like her.

But she came through, she trained with him, went on patrol with him, survived under the harsh training he gave her that would have made the other hunters sore to the point they couldn't even lift their arms the next day.

Eywa, she even challenged him, threatened him, made jokes with him and even shared moments-

Tsu'rey let out a dry laughed when realization hit him like an ikran finally finding its way back home to its nest. From the moment he saw her step into the forest with tawtute clothing yet moved through the forest with awareness that matched any Na'vi when outside the Kelutral (Hometree) with predators lurking around, he was drawn to her

But now there might be a chance of her gone and he wasn't sure what to feel anymore with the added weight of being olo'eyktan and this betrayal that led to the fall of their home, Tsu'tey didn't make a sound but just let the tears fall.