The Test

It was around the quiet moments that Tsu'tey enjoyed after a successful task and it was relaxing for both his mind and body to have some moments to himself.

But now, he was hating this silence all the more.

He snapped himself out if his thoughts when he heard Emmersyn draw her bowstring and let it fly towards the unsuspecting Yerik (Hexapede).

She immediately and nervously scrambled to her kill as Tsu'tey trailed behind. He stared at hee blankly as she calmed her nerves for a moment before saying the Hunter Prayer.

"A clean kill"

This was it.

In a few days time she would not be his student anymore and an unpleasant feeling was beginning to swirl around Tsu'tey. He did not like it one bit.

"Lì'upe? (What?)"

Emmersyn's questioning stare brought Tsu'tey out of his stupor as he briskly nodded, his demeanour stony and hard.

"Ngenga lu alaksi (You are ready)"

He would ignore this feeling. It would come to pass and she would be like any ordinary female in the clan. Young and Newly Initiated.

All ripe for a male for her to choose.

***

As he lay down on his nivi (sleeping hammock) that night, he heard a rustle and turned to see Zrina looking at him.

"Ma tsmukan, pehem len pxiset txo fìkem lu hasey? (My brother, what happens right now if this be finished?)"

Tsu'twy turned to see Zrina staring at him with an unreadable expression on her face. He simply answered back with no indifference.

"Salew hasey oeyä-... (Go finish my-...)"

Tsu'tey paused as he frowned while Zrina looked at him expectantly. Tsu'tey shook his head before turning away, the question stuck on his head.

Zrina looked at her brother with a thin line gracing her lips. She knew her tsmukan (brother) was feeling something for this uniltìrantokx (dreamwalker) the moment she came in here.

Brother, why lie to yourself?

***

Tsu'tey held back an annoyed scowl when they wasted enough time while Tomsully frets over his siblings. When they finally finished with some persuasion from Ni'nat, Tsu'tey made sure to be on the lead.

The weather today was good and it made Tsu'tey more time to think of what was going to happen after this final task.

Surely, to finally mate with Neytiri and to be the next Olo'eyktan, one that will bring prosperity to his people.

Yet, he does not see that future within him. Rather, he see himself as he is right now, the top warrior among his clan full of adventure and excitement. To be free of the duties laid upon him when he was a child.

A small yip from his pa'li (direhorse) made him snap out of his stupor long enough for him to make the pa'li (direhorse) turn to avoid falling through the cliff they were about to head into.

He halted just in front of the floating rocks just as the young hunters who were going to be initiated to slid down from the backs of their pa'li (direhorse).

As Tsu'tey began instructing the hunters on what to be expected when they reached their destination, he took note how Jakesully and Emmersynsully admired the area around them.

***

He admired how Jakesully was keeping up as well as his student though it annoyed him greatly at how close Jakesully was at him when they started climbing.