Battlefront

It was an odd feeling for Tsu'tey for the Sully brothers, most especially Jakesully, and himself to start to bond together and it was all because of one person. After Jake had given Tsu'tey a rundown on Emmersyn's entire likes and dislikes with Tomsully occasionally nodding along when Jake turned to his brother for confirmation, the emerged from their hiding place to meet a suspicious Emmersyn and a...flustered looking Neytiri?

Tsu'tey doubled back in confusion. As far as his childhood years go, he knew Neytiri wasn't one to act like that unless it was something big. As he watched Emmersyn sat down right beside her brothers and slumped down with her eyes closed and breathing deeply as if she were merely sleeping, he quickly made sure she was comfortable enough before confronting Neytiri.

Needless to say,  he was second guessing on striking Jakesully's prone form once Neytiri told him, very subtly, that she was carrying a child. It wasn't like he would die, he would just "die" then live again in the other form, something that Neytiri despises.

He had already accepted the fact that Neytiri chose Jakesully and even felt slightly happy for her sake to finally find someone that could (hopefully, something Jakesully can keep) be her source of happiness. On the other hand...did Jakesully really have to conceive a child right in the middle of a war that he knows he knew that was bound to happen?! He truly is a skxawng (moron).

Even he wasn't foolish enough to start conceiving children with Emmersyn.

As soon as that thought entered his mind, Tsu'tey could not help but picture Emmersyn with a swollen belly filled with the life of his child. The other Omatikaya Na'vi quickly steered clear away from Tsu'tey's path once they saw the smile that was quickly forming into a grin making its way onto Tsu'tey face.

***

On the day the battle would soon come, Tsu'tey woke up earlier than he usually did today. In the wake of everyone's slumber, he quietly snuck out and headed straight to an direction most Na'vi had no idea. It was was a small, hidden alcove just a few feet away from the Vitraya Ramunong (Tree of Souls). Inside the alcove were dozens of flowers that didn't look remotely native to the Pandora forest. Tsu'tey recognized this flower mainly because he remembered his mother carrying one when he was young.

He had asked his father about it and his reply was merely just a chance encounter. After that, there had been no signs of that same flower despite his father's search for it. 

It was a lucky find for him to find a small grove full of them though he often wondered as to why when he brought some Na'vi, even his father, to show the flowers he could never seem to recall which direction the flowers were located. 

Growing up, Tsu'tey forgot about that and focused more on the tribe but when he would feel the weight of the duties he carry become a burden, he would retreat to this sanctuary. He never found a need to pick one of the flowers until now. 

Searching amongst the small field, he wondered to himself as to why he was even bothering on finding the perfect size of the flower to gift to Emmersyn when he knew it was going to be ruined on the battle. He picked a smaller size of the flower, gave it another thought before he quickly left the area when he heard Zrina calling his name.

"Tsenga nga? (Where were you?)" Zrina asked when she finally spotted him. Before Tsu'tey could even begin to open his mouth, Zrina grabbed his hand and began pulling him to where the other Na'vi were getting ready for war.

Arvok, already dressed up for war, spotted them "Tseng- (Wher-)" He spotted the flower clutched in Tsu'tey's hand and his gaze turned teasing. It's not everyday he gets to see his brother act like this. Tsu'tey touched his face when he felt an unusual amount of heat centered there. That was when Arvok bursts out laughing while Zrina wondered as to why her brother's tanhì started glowing.

Their short laughter ended when their Sa'nok hit Arvok in the head and began gesturing to Tsu'tey to quickly change as she got ready another batch of colored paste for him. Artsut muttered under her breath at how the uniltìranyu (dreamwalker) was already changing her son and any other nonsense that seemed like she was complaining about Emmersyn.

But when Tsu'tey saw the hesitant and almost soft look on Artsut's face, he relaxed quite a bit before glancing down at the flower, slightly wondering where Emmersyn could be.

***

He had no words to describe Emmersyn right now.

Because...

Because he really doesn't have any words to say. Steeling himself while the flower he held was delicately clutched by his hand while the other was clutching nothing but would have probably crushed the flower if it were there.

She looked at him inquisitively as he stopped right in front of her before he quickly tucked the flower before she began to open her mouth. He knew nothing good would come if she ever opened her mouth right now.

She stared blankly at him when he tried to smile, one that isn't  like he was mocking the one he was giving the smile to but from the way she is staring at him, Tsu'tey knew he needed to work that part out.

"Perfect..."

He managed to comment out to which Emmersyn perceived it as a laugh and made a move to remove it. He glared at her as if daring her to remove it to which she thankfully lowered her arm.

"That was my father's favorite flower and the same one he gave to mother when he chose her as a mate" Confession wasn't Tsu'tey's strong suite and he was sure if he was going to confess to Emmersyn now in his current condition, he might as well be threatening her to become his mate by force.

 "Where you certain about me being your mate when the war's over? Cause I'm going to kick your ass if you said no" Was all Emmersyn added to which Tsu'tey chuckled when she gave him a warning glare "I have never been sure" Emmersyn then gifted him with a toothy grin which would have looked like she was showing her arrogance but to Tsu'tey, it was the most blooming smile he ever saw.

Until Jakesully ruined it when he called her over.

"Emmy! Time to suit up! Also, can you help Tom with his Pa'li? (Direhorse)" There was another shout of "I can handle it just fine!" To which there was a protesting neigh of the Pa'li. Emmersyn chuckled nervously while Tsu'tey stared at the other brother which he is slowly thinking might be a skxawng (moron) like Jakesully with how nervous he looks.

"You better make it out alive skxawng" Emmersyn suddenly said with her eyes serious and sharp "I really hate to marry a man in a body bag" While the words may have been for jokes, the tightness Tsu'tey felt in Emmersyn's grip was strong as if she was holding on to his next words.

In response, he gripped her just as tight "I don't die easily" He said in inglish with the arrogance pouring throughout which made Emmersyn relax and laugh.

"Are you two done canoodling? We have to get serious here!" Jake called out. Emmersyn turned to her brother with a slight twitch in her eye "Jake, I am seriously wondering whether to kill you later or just strangle you now"

Emmersyn said, marching straight to her Toruk, who was already geared up and ready to go.

Time to head to the battlefront.