A Drunk Moment

Tsu'tey stood still as his sa'nok stared at him with unblinking eyes. There was no hardness or disappointment etched on her face, simply curious.

He wasn't...

Tsu'tey let out an incoherent word before straightening and answered "Oe lu ke mìtìyawn fapo" Tsu'tey answered defensively. His sa'nok merely gave him a frown before she cupped his cheeks "I know this duty has been given to you early my son but please do not lose the one chance you have at finding happiness all for the sake of duty" His sa'nok said before she left him with no more words to be said.

He found himself back to the party with more confused thoughts and it was all pointed to the female he met that day.

His gaze rested over the mated males who were doting over their females with such tender and care that Tsu'tey couldn't picture himself doing that with Neytiri for she was a capable warrior and barely addressed any emotional contact unless mutually given.

But the image of Emmersyn swatting him with annoyance at his show of affection along with the darkening shade of her cheeks and the glowing of her tanhi made him almost laughed out loud at the notion.

She was reckless and childish whereas he was more stoic and stern with what he always do in terms of his whole life as part of the clan.

The sudden smell of alcohol, coupled with someone slinging their arms around him made him go to defense mode and he nearly broke the arm of a sleepy and very drunk Emmersyn.

"Tsu'tey my man!"

Tsu'tey grunted when she squeezed her arms tighter and he wondered if she was aware of the eyes looking at them with rapt attention.

Who in the name of Eywa gave her a drink?!

He tried to pry her arms off him but she instinctively wrapped her legs around him and clung on to him like a Sky People animal she calls a koala.

"Skxawng! Get yourself off of me!"

His words, though Na'vi, went unheard of her as she continued to clung onto him and began to nuzzle his neck.

His ears strained to hear short laughs from behind him and he quickly shot a cold glare from the group. The unmated females gave Emmersyn hard glares that would have given any female Na'vi a healthy dose of fear and cower from the look.

But Emmersyn was no ordinary woman nor was she a Na'vi.

"Tsu'tey...I've searched for you everywhere...ya know..*hic*...the booze here could kill a human...I feel so light...carry me...my tall and blue moron..."

While some Na'vi barely recognized what Emersyn just said, Tsu'tey knew what she had just uttered from that mouth of hers and was making an effort not to lash out.

"There you are!"

Tsu'tey turned sharply to where the voice was and his glare was now directed to Jake. The young dreamwalker held out his hands in a universal sign of surrender.

"Alright Emmy, time to let go"

However, Emmersyn struck her tongue out to Jake and only seem to hold on tighter. Jake was barely holding a laugh at how undignified Tsu'tey just look but that would mean ending his life right then and there.

"This is mine!..." Emmersyn whined and suddenly there were too many eyes looking at the pair and Tsu'tey growled before he carried Emmersyn and whatever dignity he had left to where her nivi was and dump her there.

"Don't kill her Tsu'tey"

Jake called out before he was swept away by Neytiri who had arrived just in time to see Tsu'tey drag Emersyn away.

***

Tsu'tey grunted as they arrived once again tried to pry off Emersyn from him "Let go Skxawng" Emmersyn closed her eyes and shook her head "No...you'll leave...I'll be alone again...." There was a sniffle and it surprised Tsu'tey to see her suddenly starting to sob as she clung unto him. Tsu'tey could handle almost anything in his life but females crying was definitely not part of that.

He barely even see his tsmuke and sa'nok cry before him.

"You are being ridiculous..."

Tsu'tey grumbled with less malice. He waited for almost an agonizing minute before her sobs went into sniffles. With great difficulty, Tsu'tey managed to lay Emmersyn down without making things complicated for those already sleeping in their nivi.

"Lay with me"

Emmersyn suddenly said and Tsu'tey froze for a moment before his jawline found the movement to speak up "Emmersyn..." She gave him a teary eyed look.

"I don't...hate being alone"

Tsu'tey sighed, he very much preferred the Emmersyn who yelled and disobeyed him at every chance she got instead of this one.

"Rutxe..."

She mumbled before falling asleep AND still clinging onto him. The warrior sighed before he complied and had to hold back groans when he noticed how little the nivi was to the point that their bodies were pressed up against each other.

"Thanks..." Emmersyn mumbled from her position where he head was currently placed on his chest. Tsu'tey let out a huffing sound before he closed the nivi and made himself comfortable as possible.

He made a mental note to remind Emmersyn to get a bigger nivi. How in Eywa did this female managed to fit in something so small?

"Go to sleep Skxawng.."

A small yawn came from Emmersyn as she nodded and mumbled incoherent words before she settled in to sleep. It took a few minutes for Tsu'tey to get some shut eye when he soon found out at how movable Emmersyn gets when she is asleep.

***

A jab in the stomach was enough for Tsu'tey to snap his eyes open and his ears to perk up and look around. Small whimpers from beside him made his gaze turn to see Emersyn with a disturbed look on her face as she began to twist and turn.

"Emmersyn...wake up"

He shook her with a little force but all that gave him was a sharp kick near his shin, Tsu'tey grunted as he held off her hands which only seem to make her thrash all the more and Tsu'tey wondered what dreams could have caused Emmersyn to act like this.

"No! Not my fault!...Made me do it..."

"Jake...Tommy..sorry"

Emmersyn continued to mumble out words and the names of her brothers and Tsu'tey was not letting have this continue "Emmersyn listen to me!" Tsu'tey whispered sternly and harshly like he would whenever she would make a mistake.

"Whatever dreams that haunt you now in your sleep, they are not real. You must fight them"

Despite Tsu'tey's harsh words, he noticed the calmer Emmersyn looked and he sighed when she finally calmed down, just to make sure she never do something like that again, he pinned her down with his body and went to sleep, he had already too much excitement for one night.

He could only picture the reaction Emmersyn would look like when she wakes up.