CHAPTER 16🌊

GIYUU TOMIOKA

"How are you?"

"Fine"

I chewed on my food, my eyes focused on the peach haired guy in front of me.

He seems to notice my stares and threw me a glare.

"The fuck are you staring at?"

"You look drained. You shouldn't have agreed to meet up."

"I'll be busy for the next weeks. If I didn't I wouldn't have anymore time."

Hmm. That sucks. Reminds me of the day Gramps offered me the position. Declining that was the biggest decision I ever made. But look at me now. Living my best life as an adult.

I don't want to waste any more time knowing this guy has still a lot to do. I better not beat around the bush.

"So. You wanna talk about it?"

"Do I have a choice? You're the only one I can talk about tit stupid feelings."

"You think it's stupid?" I raised him a brows. I'm kind off bothered hearing him call his feelings-love-stupid. "My interpretation says it's no opposite of calling yourself stupid. After all, It's your own feelings.

His raised his eyes on me. His brows tilted on its max level. "What?"

"Why would you call your feelings stupid?"

"Love itself is stupid."

"But isn't that what you were feeling right now? Doesn't that mean your also calling yourself stupid for having that feeling right now??" I retorted.

He looks away. We were silent for moment until I heard him sigh. "I don't know what to do with this feelings anymore to be honest. I feel like the more I neglect it, the more it gets stronger."

I just kept silent and let him speak.

"The more I keep myself away, the more I want her by my side.... Damn I sound so gay. This shouldn't be what a real man should be saying" he scoffed. Looking away.

This time, I can't resist to interfere. "No. Continue. Just let it all out man. Consider this a stepping stone for getting over. By letting it out."

"Hah. I don't even know if I can ever get over her. I've been trying for straight 8 years man. But where did it lead me? Here!" I heard his shoo stomped on the floor.

"It's not so bad right?"

He glared at me. "Yes. It's not bad. It's more worst than that."

"How so?"

He gave me an expression that's basically saying 'are you kidding me?'

"Dude. Were basically brother and sister! Or at least that's how society see us."

"But you are both adopted!"

"Still!"

He looked away. I gave him a serious look.

Honestly, I see nothing wrong with it. Afterwere all just adopted by the same man. We are siblings in bond and papers. But scientifically, were not connected by anything.

"Tell me, what is it that's stopping you?"

He rolled his eyes. "I told you. Were brother and sister-"

"But you don't see her as one!"

That shut him up.

"What's the point of that status when you don't even see her as your sister. Now tell me. The real reason why you keep holding back."