CHAPTER 2🌊

It was a peaceful night at Butterfly Estate. Two kakushi's silently went in, one was holding a bundled up thing on his chest while the the female one was carrying clothes, A Demon Slayer uniform to be exact and a cyan nichirin sword.

Just as they were about to enter the mansion to find a certain someone, a boy with a cheeky smile appeared from who knows from where.

“Ah, Konbanwa! Are you looking for Shinobu-san?”

“Tanjiro-kun! What are you doing here outside? It's already late” the female kakushi asked.

Tanjiro is actually quite popular within the organization. His name started to boom out after the news of a mizunoto rank almost defeated a lower moon at Mt. Natagumo. Then a news of the same Demon Hunter protecting his Demon sister spreads out. Of course the Hunters were mad.

After that he was called at the Headquarters and was given consent to bring his sister on his missions.

Many of the Hunters disproved and think it was very ironic. However, they cannot do anything about it. It was the current leader's decision.

He was also envied by some due to his close relationship to the Pillars. Nevermind the Insect, Flame and Love Pillar who always has a light aura around them and can easy to get close with. He was especially close to the Water and Mist Pillar who were known for their expressionless, cold and distant attitude.

The boy scratched the back of his head before replying. “I can't sleep so I decided to have a walk at the garden, then I smelled someone enter the gates, it was quite familiar so I decided to check.” he said with his usual cheery tone.

The male kakushi felt the bundle on his chest moved. He looked down and saw a pair of expressionless eyes resembling a marble, peeked through the piece of cloth.

Seeing the kakushi looks startled, Tanjiro got curious. “What's that?” his eyes surveyed the two kakushis and noticed that the female was carrying clothes and a nichirin sword and realized it was the belongings of someone he knew.

Just as he was about to ask for confirmation, the cloth on the male kakushi opened and the thing inside set his gaze on him. He squinted his eyes and recognized who it was.

“M-Muichiro-kun?” his eyes looks horrified. He gave the kakushis a questioning gaze.

“It's the blood demon art of the demon he just killed, I guess? We don't know the exact details. We just saw him like this when we arrived” the male kakushi heaved a heavy sigh and stared down at the mist pillar on his arms. His little head was leaning on his chest. He looks tired and drained.

Ne, it's already late, the two of you should take a rest too. Give him to me and I'll be the one to explain the situation to Shinobu-san.” the kakushis were surprised by his sudden offer.

The male kakushi was indeed tired and was about to thank him when the female beside him spoked. “No, it's OK Tanjiro-kun this is our work after al—”

“The kakushis also deserved rest. You have been working very hard. The Demon Hunters are doing missions all over the country and you always come for their aid after missions. How many Demon Slayer did you bring here and to the Wisteria House today?”