CHAPTER 3🌊

"Ara? Konbanwa, Tomioka-san" she greeted to the newly arrived pillar.

The usual pillar he is, she ignores her remark and directly stated what he came for. "I would like to have a word with Tanjiro is he still up?"

"How courteous of you Tomioka-san, I eventually believed you still have a sense of formality despite not being with people a lot." She mocked, hinting the word courteous. She intentionally ignored his question as a compensation for ignoring her remarks. Her mocking smile grew wide and continued. "Oh, I take back the not being with people a lot part, I forgot, your actually a loner and people don't like you. So your basically never with them, my bad."

Giyuu's expression somehow changed and that was enough to satisfy her and answer his question.

"I am not disliked by people" he replied like how he uses to.

Shinobu was about to tell him where Tanjiro is but he eventually replied so she decide to tease him more. "Is that all your gonna say? You always say that whenever I point out that people don't like you-"

"Say, Kocho. Are you one of them?" he cut in.

"Eh?" She forgot how he just cut her off earlier and her mind went blank.

"You always say people dislikes me. Are you one them? Do you hate me too?" his face was very serious. His cobalt blue lifeless eyes gazing at her firmly.

She's feeling uneasy as seconds pass. She's struggling to find an answer. "D-Disl...liked a-and hated are t-two different thi-"

"Your not anwering my question."

'Damn it, since when did he become so bold' she mentally said.

Seeing her speechless, he took the chance to continue speaking. "I'm always been wondering..." he took a step forward. The woman instinctively stepped back. "Of all people...." He stepped forward again.

"W-what are you d-doing Tomio-" once again, she was cutt off.

"Why are you doing this...." a step. Shinobu would step back as he step closer. "..... Only to me?"

Her eyes widened. Her mind is in chaos and she doesn't know what to say. She doesn't have a time to form sentences to sat when he started speaking again.

"I have always been a distant person Kocho.." another step. "Since the day my Bestfriend died, I built walls around me, not letting any person through because I'm afraid someone would become so precious to me and lost them.....again" another step.

"The walls are getting taller and tougher as each day, months and years go by. I trapped myself in, letting myself fall into the depths of the sorrowful ocean" another step. "Not until the day you became a pillar"

Shinobu couldn't process any word he spits out. Everything waa just top fast for her. She's forcing herself to spead but no words would come out from her mouth. his eyes, for the first time since Sabito's death, became emotional.