CHAPTER 1🌊

Before starting this chapter. I would like to inform you that the Taisho Era will only have have 2 to 5 chapters.

It will only consist on how was their life was after the battle and a lot of flashbacks.

I originally planned this to be a modern era, but I randomly wrote the start of the prologue. I realized it would be a waste to delete it and while I was reading one of my favorite GiyuShino book I stumbled upon a fan who has read one of the chapters from the Light Novel so I decided to add it on.

This ain't an important notice really, why are you still reading this.

Aight, you can proceed now.

————

It has been a month since Kibutsuji's defeat. Day by day, the Demon hunters are discharged one by one.

Aoi was now the master of the estate. Aoi didn't agree at first but it was on Shinobu's last will.

She was currently at the mansion's laboratory slash Shinobu's office where they found her letter of last will.

She was busy doing experiments, making medicines and antidotes. Some of the Demon Slayers has yet to have a recovering progress due to some of the demon's complex blood demon art.

Lucky for her, Shinobu has left a book which contains all the types of blood demon art and how to make a cure for it. Tamayo actually gave it to her as a thank you for helping her complete the poison they used for Muzan.

Her attention was focused on what she was doing that he didn't notice the boar masked boy entered the room grumpily.

He sat at the chair in front of the counter and Aoi didn't fail to this him.

Aoi gave him a disapproving look. “What are you doing here? The scar on your chest hasn't fully recovered”

“I'm..... hungry” he replied groggily.

Aoi rolled her eyes. This isn't new to her. “Inosuke, you just ate dinner”

“I did not” he took of his mask and pointed his index finger on his mouth.

She had seen his bare face for countless times, but it still didn't failed to surprise her. If she saw him like this when the first time they met, she could've mistaken him as a girl.

Looking at his mouth convinced her that he was telling the truth. She witnessed how a messy eater he was and there is no traces of food or oil around his mouth.

She raised his gaze to the vintage wall clock. “Why didn't you eat? Didn't Naho gave you food?” She actually find it unusual. He was usually the one who would approch the food, he wouldn't wait for the right time to eat and would just go to the kitchen and steal food whenever he likes.

“Who's Niyo?” Aoi finally let of the tubes and faced him realizing it was imposible for Naho to forget. She has been with Naho, Kiyo and Sumi for years and they weren't the type to who easily forgets. She just ordered her to bring him food just a while ago.

She even noticed her pass by holding a tray full of food which is surely for him. “Why didn't you eat? You can't drink medicine if your stomach is empty and you have to drink your medicine before 8!”

Aoi stood up and dragged him out of the room. She was actually surprised he didn't held back and let her drag him out.

They arrived at his room and Aoi was quick to notice the tray of food on the side table. She was sure that was the tray Naho was carrying earlier. She was confused. She only shot Inosuke a look. Asking for explanation.

“The food doesn't taste good!” he said. Now back to his usual tone.

Aoi picked up the the tempura and took a bite. “It is! It tastes the same”

The girls brows knitted. This is the first she saw him complain about food! She actually thought he would eat anything as long as it is food.

“You still didn't cook it” he retorted.

Aoi frozed on her spot for a minute or two. “How can you even tell if I cooked the food or not?” Inosuke was actually right. She was too busy for cooking food. She already taught the three some basic recipes so she trusted the cooking to them.

“I just know! Stop asking and cook me food or I will never drink that damned medicine” Inosuke just actually felt that she didn't cook the food for tonight. He could actually use his strong sense of touch and feeling at times like this. And to determine the taste of food and it's difference is easy for a glutton like him.

Aoi was about to retort and was about to refuse when the contents of Shinobu's letter flashed back on her mind. One of the contents said that she should take care and look after the trio for her, and cook food for Inosuke whenever his hungry. The trio actually took a place on the late Pillar's heart.

She closed her eyes and maintained her patience. As much as she wants to refuse the boys wish, she can't afford to decline a dead woman's wish can she?

“Fine! Stay here and wait!” she immediately picked up the untouched tray and immediately left.

‘the audacity of that guy!’ she mentally shouted.

While on her way to the kitchen. She passed by the hallway to the garden and noticed someone sitting on the floor facing the garden.

With just one look of the person's mismatched haori. She immediately recognized him.

‘He's awake? Why didn't the girls tell me?’

“Tomioka-sama, you should be resting, what are you doing here?” she asked as she approached him.

Aoi was surprised when he replied. “I just want some air” she slowly walked her way towards him.

“Well then, have you ate dinner?” He just shooked his head. But still not looking at her direction. She noticed he was staring at the moon. “Eat this then” she placed the food tray that was supposed to be Inosuke's beside him.

She bowed and was about to take her leave when. “Kanzaki” Aoi was startled when he suddenly called her by her last name. ‘he would never fail to surprise me’ she mentally thought.

“Do you still need anything, Tomioka-sama?” he was silent for a second. He was staring down at something. Aoi took a peek and her eyes widened when she saw what is it.

He slowly stood up and faced her. “I.... Would like to return this”

Aoi noticed that he's face was filled with emotions. Sadness, regret....broken. she also noticed that he's voice has a hint of hesitation.

‘is he perhaps hesitant to return it?’

She smiled. She just confirmed her suspicion about him liking her master. She sighed and hold onto his hand and pushed it back. Giyuu was confused but she only gave him a smile.

“You should keep it Tomioka-sama” his face lit up but still confused. “We recovered her Sword and Kanae-sama's haori, we still have something to keep.”

“W-why?” he's voice broked. He was holding back his tears.

“Do you really think no one notice the way you look at her?” She sighed and continued. “I did Tomioka-sama. I actually thought I would not be surprised if one day the two of you announced you were a couple, but.....” she cleared her throat when her voice was about to crack. “Please keep it. At least you still has something to remember her.” she flashed a genuine smile. “I'll get going”

“Thank you” he returned her smile. He watched as Aoi turned her back on him and disappeared on the hallway.

Now that she's gone. He didn't held back and let his tears flow as and cried silently.

He stared up at the moon and remembered her iconic line that She would always tell him whenever they're together.

‘tsuki ga kirei desu ne?’
(The moon is lovely isn't it?)