Please forgive me

He stood there, in all his majesty, Thorin Oakenshield, the King under the mountain, my uncle, my brother, my friend. He was everything for me and I was everything for him. He just sometimes had a problem to show his feelings. But I don't blame him for anything. I am often the same, dealing with my sorrows all alone. 
Still I wanted him to say something, just a word.

" Thorin please..." I begged. He turned around but red in angrew.
" Don't you dare even speak with me ! You've forsaken our kin ! You turned your back from us, you betrayed our people ! You left us for those filthy aristocrats ! You are nothing more than a lyer !
A TRAITOR !!!!!!!" he yelled. Tears filled my eyes. This can not be true. Not after all that we've been through together.

" Thorin... If you could just listen for a second..."
" Was I not clear enough ? I won't speak with a pointy eared princess that forgot about those who raised her !"
" Please..." I cried but he remained silent. I fell down on my knees and burried my face into my hands. It can't end like this.
" Please..." I whispered.
No response.

" Thorin I love you !" I sobbed.
He turned around surprised as never before. I stood up on my feet and walked to him.
" I love you more than any niece could love her uncle, more than any sister could love her brother, more than any friend could love a friend of her."

He looked up to me with his warm blue eyes, those that could be read so easily. I saw so many feelings in them joy, pride, love but also guilt, pain and envy.
" Nathìniel I... I can't... How could I... I was a ..."
" No it's alright Thorin." I smiled, my eyes still red from tears.
" No it is not. I... I made such a bad person out of you, out of me, out of everyone. Please forgive me." a tear streamed down his cheek.
" I forgave you the moment you did it." with a warm smile I wiped the tear away.

" Nathíniel there is something special in you, something that none of these dwarves, nor Kili and Fili have.
I knew it then and I know it now. You're like a star that makes me smile, a butterfly that brushes my heart but also a lion that leads his army into awar.
I know it seems cruel and selfish and I understand that you are mad at us, that we didn't return you to your real family, but it is hard to share something which is so dear to me."

" You don't need to share anything. You are my family, the one whom I love. Lindir is my brother but you all are more than that. You are my people."
Thorin wrapped his strong mascular arms around my body and I leaned my head on his shoulder.

After a while I spoke up:
" Do you want to see something ?"
" Sure, why not ?" asked Thorin and I lead him to the room where we had our things and where the dwarves slept. I quietly took my backpack so I won't wake up anyone and waved Thorin to followed me.

We stood on a balcony, endless sky above us and waterfalls, singing a deep melancholic lullaby were falling from the mountainsides.
I opened my sketchbook and gave it to Thorin.
" It's you ! And Fili and Kili... And me..." he looked up to my eyes.
" It's beautiful."
" You can keep it. As a promise that no matter what, you will always be my family and I will stand by your side." I smiled. He gazed at me for a while and blushed.

" I forgot to tell you how beautiful you look in that dress."
" Thank you." my cheeks turned red.
" Really ! I was completely speechless back at the dinner!"
I giggled and brushed Thorin's cheek.

" We must leave at sunrise." he said putting my hand down.
" Just let me speak with my grandmother."
" Who is your grandmother ?"
The moment he said it a white figure lightened by the moon appeared on the edge of Elrond's house.
" Galadriel, the Lady of Light.