The Battle of five armies Part.2

Some of us stayed outside on the balcony, but I couldn't. Elves, men, dwarves from the Iron Hills, all of them were fighting, risking their lives. For what ? For us. Azog the Defiler was summoned to wipe out the line of Durin, not the elves of Mirkwood, neither the men of Laketown. But Thorin didn't understand. The only thing he was seeing now was his wealth, his crown, and his "kingdom". By which he meant the stupid mountain full of gold, not his family and his home.

I was sittting on a massive iron bench with old dwarvish rhunes carved around the borders, with my head burried in my hands. What have I done ? It's all my fault. Thorin did, what I wanted him to do, I can't blame him for anything. I thought I could make it. But look how it turned out. I can't speak. I was never good at it. Better stay quiet and make great deeds, than talk empty words. But didn't Elrond say that this was what I was born to do ? What if he was mistaken ? What if I... What if I was supposed to die that night in Hidepeak...

" Amman ho peddich ?" a voice spoke. I knew it very well, it was the voice that spoke the first words I've ever heard. It was so soft and lovely, so wonderfully playing like fingers on a harp. And still it was so unknown for I haven't heard it for a hundred years. My mum
" Iel nín, ú- níniach. " she sat next to me, wiping the tears of joy from my eyes.
" Nana..."
" Shhh." she placed a finger on my lips.
" Everything will be alright."

" It won't. I failed." I said and turn my head away.
But mom placed her hands onbit and turned it back, looking sharply into my eyes. As I gazed into her I spotted it. Stars, millions of them. Her eyes were like a trap. She really stole the sky with her sight.
" Do you know who you are ?" she disturbed me and I looked back at her, ignoring the beauty in her eyes.
" I know who I was born to be, and now I know I did not fulfill my purpose."
" Why do you give up, iel nín ? You are a Noldo! The blood of High elves runs through your veins! You can't give up. Because we never gave up." she encouraged me with a bright smile on her face.

" But what am I without you ?"
" Without us ? You are daughter of Durin. And Thorin loves you. He just forgot. Speak to him and he will remember. You gave him the sky. What more could he have ?"
I smiled softly and she wrapped her arms around me whispering:
" Estelio lle, Nathìniel. I iel o night in tad."
I wanted to say something but she dissapeared like a whiso of cloud and I was all alone again, in the cold hall of stone.
I gathered all the leftovers if my courage I found in me and walked to the throne room where Thorin was sitting. I was surprised when I heard Dwalin talking and I stayed behind the door, listening.

"Since when do we forsake our own people?" he spoke with both sadness and anger

"Thorin they are dying out there." he continued
"There are halls beneath halls
w

ithin this Mountain. Places we can fortify shore up, make safe."
Thorin talked about absolutely different matter. It was killing him. The sickness.

"Did you hear me? Dain is surrounded. They're being slaughtered, Thorin."
"Many die in war.Life is cheap.

But a treasure cannot be counted in lives lost. It is worth all the blood we can spend." these words broke me. I fell on my knees crying. I want Thorin back so badly.

"You sit here in these vast halls with a crown upon your head and yet you are lesser now than you have ever been." Dwalin sobbed

" Why do you speak to me as if I was some lowly Dwarf Lord? As if I was still Thorin Oakenshield. I am your king!" he screamed almost passing out
" You've always been an you used to know that once. But now you cannot see what you have become." Dwalin wiped his tears and left the hall with Thorin's terrible words behind him:

"Go. Get out before I kill you."

Fortunately Dwalin didn't see me and I could enter the hall unnoticed.
" Thorin..." I whispered softly.
" Nathìniel..." he turned to me and a small flash of kindness lit in his eyes. Hope was kindled.
" Please. You are our king. My king. King fights for his people. And with his people."
" I cannot..."

"I will not hide behind a wall of stone while others fight our battles for us. It is not my blood Thorin."
"

No." he said and I thought I failed again but he continued with a smile.

"It is not. We are sons of Durin."
And Durin's Folk do not flee from a fight." he placed his hand on my cheek and Fili and Kili showed up behind us with smiles and tears of gladness. The all four if us ended in a strong embrace and after a while we walked to the balcony where others were
"I have no right to ask this of any of you." spoke Thorin,
"But will you follow me, one last time?"
Balin smiled and we all joined him. Nori hitted the giant bell and it crashed into the stone wall. With wind in our hair, courage in our hearts, weapons in our hands and blood under are feet we ran to war.