The fate of Erebor

I woke up. But as soon as I stood up from the bed I realised that I must be still asleep and what I'm living now is a dream.
I knew that beautiful marble floor, orange flowers covered with frost on the windowsills. I was in Rivendell.

I wiped my eyes, hoping that I will wake up back in the forest with Legolas but nothing happened. Perhaps it is an elvish dream. For it was a generally known fact that elves can spoke to the one they need in dreams. While I was wondering and small snowflakes were falling from the dense clouds, someone approached me. At first they were too far, but as the figure walked closer I recognized that it was a man and when he took few steps more I knew who it was. Lindir. My beloved brother.

" Ú- boe nowach amman dewenion." I squeezed him tightly, burrying my head into his shoulder, crying from happiness.
He brushed my hair and whispered:
" I've never been so happy to see you."
" You never really had the chance." I giggled but I noticed that Lindir's face stiffened.
" Is everything alright ?" I asked.
" Even though I love to see you. I have to let you go."
" I know Lindir. This is just a dream."

" Yes, but you have to leave the real place where you are. The time has come. Thranduil is gathering his army on the slopes of Erebor, Bard and the Lakemen took refuge in the ruines of Dale, prepared to attack in the morning.
" What! No this can't be..." I spoke trembling.
" You must go. Reunite the races of elves and dwarves, bring them peace. "
" But how ? Thorin and my brothers will be dead before I arrive. And not just them, whole company will be slaughtered. Bilbo..." tears filled my eyes.
" Ironfoot and his warriors are marching from the east.  To worry about them dying is not a necessary. It wasn't wouldn't the Gundabad orcs be riding towards the Lonely mountain. There are thousands of them. "

" Legolas was right." I murmured.
" They have to unite, only then will Erebor, Mirkwood and Laketown survive. If they do not, all the realms of the north will fall, one by one. You have to save them Nathìniel. As uncle Elrond said. I arnad I Erebor my caim lín."
I starred out of the window and watched the snowflakes fight in the wind. So much information at once, so much worries, such a responsibility. I couldn't handle this. Not alone.
" What do you expect me to do ?" I asked and shivered. Lindir covered me with a silk blanket and replied:

" Wake up. Take only the things you need - bow and arrows. Water and food they'll give you when you arrive. Take your love's horse and ride towards Erebor as fast as you can. Do not look back nor stop for rest. When you reach the mountain..."
" What? What then ?"
" Think about the way you'll stop the war."
" Lindir I can't !"
" You can. Estelion lle. Le maethor veleg a gornui." he smiled and wrapped his arms aroubd my weary body.

" How do you know about my love?" I whispered into his ear.
" I feel it in your soul."
" I'm so proud of you Lindir. Proud of the man you became." I smiled with tears of pride in my eyes.
Then my vision blurred and I was again in the forest with Legolas lying next to me and Tauriel a bit further from us.
I put my lips on Legolas' and kissed him gently:
" Telithon dar meleth nín. "
His eyes stayed close and I couldn't stand it anymore. I sat on the horse, smirking and dived into the void of night, gallooing towards my fate. The fate of Erebor.