The 'Date'

It is Saturday. I have been waiting all day, but it is finally five o'clock. I climbed into the shower and washed my hair thoroughly. When I got out, I dried my hair, put my dress on, combed my hair ( and fixed it nicely ), and slipped my flats on. I'm not the biggest fan of makeup, but I did use mascara and lip gloss, and a tad bit of concealer. I then looked at my self in the mirror, and I looked nice, I haven't looked this way in such a long time. I have basically lived my life ( since moving to L.A. ) in sweat shirts and comfortable pants. I smiled at my reflection, then checked the clock sitting on my bedside table. 5:56. He should be here soon. I walked downstairs and grabbed my purse. I poured a little more food in Felix's bowl, gave him a little more water, that should hold him off until I get home, then I sat down on the couch and waited for the doorbell to ring. After a few minutes, it rang. I checked myself in the reflection of the mirror one last time before I opened the door. I saw a smiling, handsome Mark standing outside the door. I returned the smile and closed the door behind me.

  " Shall we?" Mark asked. I nodded. We walked over to his car, and he opened the door for me. 

  " Thank you, kind gentleman!" I said, climbing into the car.

  " Your welcome my lovely lady!" he said, closing the door behind me. He walked quickly around the car and opened the door to the drivers side. He climbed in and started to drive. We soon arrived at a nice restaurant. He walked around the car and opened the door for me.

  " Why thank you!" I said.

  " You are so welcome!" he replied. I walked out and we both walked towards the restaurant. He, once again, opened the door for me, and we walked in. 

  " Reservations?" the man at the desk asked.

  " Yes! Under the name "Wilson'," he said. I smiled as the man behind the desk see the name for the reservation, and holds his arm out.

  " This way!" he said with a fake smile on his face. We both nodded and followed him to our table. We took our seats, ordered our food, took a sip of wine, and talked. We had a great time!

  " So, why don't you tell me about yourself?" he asked, after telling me about him.

  " What do you want to know?" I asked.

  " Favorite color? Your full name? Anything that you are willing to tell me," he said. I nodded and thought for a second.

  " My two favorite colors are blue and peach. My full name is Eva Marie Wilson. Anything else?" I asked.

  " Um...... siblings?" he asked. I was getting a little uneasy, but I decided to reply, honestly.

  " Um, four. Four siblings. Levi, Kensy, Ian, and Sarah. I was the second youngest out of the five," I answered. I think that he got the clue that I was uneasy about answering questions on my childhood, so instead, he changed the conversation.

  " So, any plans this coming week?" he asked.

  " No, I don't think so. How come?" I asked.

  " I think this night was so successful, that there should be another one," he said.

  " Is there any spacial occasion, or do you just want to go out next week?" I asked. This was supposedly my birthday dinner three days late, but next week, there wasn't a birthday. No special occasion. But, would the next 'date' be an actual date? I hope so. I smiled at him as he thought of something to say.

  " I would love to go out sometime next week with you," I said. He looked at me and smiled. What is this feeling? My heart was racing, I could feel butterflies in my stomach, heat was rising to my cheeks. Was I falling in love?

  " Great! When? Tuesday?" he asked. My thoughts were interrupted, but I nodded.

  " Tuesday it is!"

  " Why don't we go to the diner for lunch on Tuesday?" I asked. He nodded.

  " An excellent idea!" he replied. We got back to talking about the things we like, about other random things, and it was fun! Finally, our food arrived, and we ate. The food was delicious! After a while of eating, it was time to leave. We paid the bill together (even though he offered to pay it all himself), and we walked out. We go into the car, and he drove me home. After a few minutes, we arrived at my house. He opened the door for me (again), and walked me up to the steps.

  " Thank you! I had a wonderful time," I said.

  " Your welcome! So, I'll see you on Tuesday?" he asked. I nodded.

  " I suppose so," I replied.

  " So, I guess I'll see you then."

  " I guess so." He nodded, but he just stood there for a second. And, I couldn't help it. I lent towards him and kissed him on the cheek.

  " Thank you, again," I said. His cheeks were turning a light red, but it was visible.

  " Your Welcome. I guess I'll go. Bye!" he said. 

  " Bye!" He walked back to his car, and climbed in. He waved to me through his window shield. I waved back. He smiled and started his car, then drove away. I stood at the steps and watched his car until it was completely out of sight. I sighed, and walked into my house. I turned and closed the door, then locked it. Felix ran up to me and sat at my feet.

  " How is my little boy?" I asked him. He barked in reply. I smiled and kneeled down to rub his head. I got back up and walked to the kitchen where Felix's empty water and food bowl were lying. I filled both bowls and cleaned up the 'present' he had left for me by the stairs. I then walked up the stairs, got cleaned up, then changed into my pj's. I climbed into my bed and fell asleep.