Christmas!

It is Christmas day! Mark and I decided to spend this Christmas together! I didn't really have any family to go to, but Mark decided that he would stay with me. So sweet! He took me out for dinner yesterday, and we spent the day in the park. It was a very good day. We have been dating for over six months, which is hard to believe.  Nothing much has really happened since the attack. 

  " Eva, I love you!" Mark said. We were at home now, watching several Christmas movies, and eating popcorn, something we did quite often.

  " I love you too!" I said. I lent over and gave him a quick kiss. Near the end of the movie, I heard the phone ring.

  " I'll get it," I said. I got up and rushed over to the phone. I then answered.

  " Hello?" I asked.

  " Hello. Is this Eva Wilson?" the man on the other side of the line asked.

  " Yes, who is this?" I asked. 

  " I am Officer Andrews. I work at the prison where you father was sent to. I am afraid I have bad news," he said.

  " What is it?" I asked. I could feel Mark's eyes resting on me, but I didn't look back. 

  " Your father. I'm and sad to inform you that your father is dead," he said. I didn't know how to react to this information.

  " How?" was all I could ask.

  " Suicide," he said.

  " Alright," was all I could choke out.

  " Could you inform the rest of your family?" he asked.

  " Of course," I replied. 

  " Alright. Well, I'm sorry to dampen your Christmas, but we thought we ought to tell you as soon as possible. Well, Merry Christmas! Good bye!" he said.

  " Good bye!" I pressed the off button.

  " Is everything alright?" Mark asked. 

  " Yes! Everything is just fine! I just need to step out for a second to call my brother," I said. " To say Merry Christmas."

  " Are you sure everything is fine?"

  " Positive!" He smiled and I walked out and stood on the porch. I dialed My brother's numbers, and waited for him to pick up.

  " Hello?" I heard him asked. I haven't heard from him since.... well, since I had left all those years ago.

  " Hello!"

  " Who is this?" he asked.

  " Levi, its me, Eva," I said.

  " Eva? Eva!" he said, happiness filled his voice. I smiled just hearing my brother.

  " How are you?" he asked.

  " I could be better," I replied.

  " What happened?"

  " Long story," I said.

  " I have time." So, I told him. I told him everything. From father escaping, to him breaking into my house, to him attacking me. But, I also told him that I am dating Mark, even though I didn't give off his name.

  " I'm sorry all of that happened to you," he said.

  " Its not your fault," I replied. Tears were now rolling down my cheeks, but I tried to keep my voice from wavering.

  " That asshole. If he died, no one would care. The world would be a better place!" Levi said.

  " That's the thing," I said, " he is dead." He was silent. 

  " Levi?" I asked.

  " Yeah. Mixed emotions," he replied.

  " Me too. Hey, have you seen Kensy? Or Ian? Or Sarah?" I asked.

  " Yeah. I have contact," he said.

  " Would you mind calling them for me?"

  " Sure! No problem!!"

  " And, um, how are they?" 

  " They are all just fine!" he said.

  " Kensy got married last year, and she is pregnant with their first child! She has become a school teacher, and she always seems happy! Ian got engaged two months ago, and he is studying to become a doctor. Sarah is single, but she does have a job as an author. A good one to! I got married three years ago, and I have two kids. A third one on the way."

  " Great! I'm happy for all of you! Well, I must get going! Merry Christmas!" I said.

  " Merry Christmas to you too!"

  " Bye!"

  " Bye!" I turned off the phone and headed back inside. Well, it was good to catch up I suppose.