Heart to Heart

Meme wasn't dead.

He wasn't dead?

He wasn't dead.

Right. He was fine. He didn't think that was a possibility. He honestly didn't expect it. The imposter coughed and pulled out a pad of paper. He motioned for a pen. Meme crossed his arm.

"Nuh-uh. You're going to kill me," Meme crossed his arms. The imposter sighed and went through MEME'S DESK. It was his desk! No one was allowed to go through it!

"Hey! There are... things in there! Don't look!" Meme said. Sheer will was the only thing keeping him from running over there. And fear for his close death. After the imposter grabbed a pencil, which had a worn-down eraser at the end he started to write.

[What did you do with my voice?]

---

Socks was shooting down some asteroids in the ship's way. He should only take a minute, then he would go to Comms and see what Meme needed him for. He would take two minutes at most and Meme would know that.

"Hey, mate!" Laff called out. Socks waved. Laff grinned as Socks kept shooting the asteroids.

"Hey, Laff! How are you?" Socks asked.

"I'm fine, you?" Laff said. Socks smiled.

"Meme was going tell me something later. I have no idea what it is and the suspense is killing me," Socks grinned. Laff's grin turned dark

"It won't be the only thing killing you," He said.

And then Socks died.

On one hand, he wanted to know exactly how he died, but on the other hand, it probably would scar him for after-life. He figured it was both a curse and a blessing.

But why? Why did Laff kill him! Laff wouldn't hurt a fly!

Unless that wasn't really Laff... But that would be impossible. How would that work?

"Oh hey, Socks!" Dino said. Socks whipped his head around, only barely noticing the mess of a matted corpse below him. His corpse. It made him sick thinking about it. Dino was semi-transparent, instead of legs, his torso was like a wave, floating down.

Dead. Just like him.

"Dino! What happened!" Socks yelled, rushing over, not really noticing how awkward it was to move without legs.

"What happened?" Dino asked. Socks sighed, looking down.

"You wouldn't believe me but Laf-"

"That wasn't Laff," Dino said, "we think they're some sort of aliens!"

That wasn't Laff. Socks felt a wave of relief washing over him, which was promptly broken by the sound of Meme laughing.

"So... what now?" Socks asked.

"Well, the real Laff is doing tasks to help around the ship. I was too, that's something we still can do," Dino said.

"I guess that makes sense!" Socks grinned, he liked to keep himself busy.

And he figured he needed it now more than ever.

---

"What do you mean, ME? You were the one who came on MY ship! You should be thanking me for letting you survive!" Meme said. The imposter shook its head.

[No, I mean. I haven't been able to talk, at all. Which is weird. That's why I pretended to be a child, to make it a little less weird. I am a child though, in our years.] It wrote. Meme nodded.

"And you think I did something? You've met Nadwe or Blaza? One-touch and I'm the one getting ejected," Meme grumbled.

[It was a safe bet. The other two are decent people.]

"Hey! Are you saying I'm not nice?"

[You've attempted on my life no less than 14 times.] Meme paused to count and cursed when he realized the imposter was right.

"Okay, you know it's not me. Can you go now?" Meme asked impatiently. The Imposter nodded. The doors opened and it left.

Meme sighed. At least no one else could ruin his day for him from the other side of the ship.

...He should probably get some sleep.

---

"Oh, there he is!" Nadwe said, grabbing Junior. Blaza turned away. He needed to talk to Meme. Fast. He rushed over to Medbay.

"Meme, we need to talk," Blaza crossed his arms. Meme was reclining on one of the beds in Medbay.

"I've said all I had to say," Meme said, without looking. Blaza sighed.

"C'mon, where's the old Meme we all knew and loved?" Blaza said, sitting down across from him. Meme barked a short laugh, a 'are you serious?' sort of laugh.

"He died along with the rest of the ship. Sorry, but you're going to have to deal with cynical Meme now," He said. Blaza decided that across was too far and moved in closer. Meme turned away as Blaza hugged him.

"We'll get better," He comforted, but truthfully? He didn't believe himself.

"Get better? When! When we're with them..? Or when we forget about them. Blaza, get your head out of the clouds. It's always there. You need to think for once!" Meme yelled, burying his head into his pillow. But he didn't tell Blaza to leave, so Blaza counted that as a win.

"C'mon, Nadwe isn't acting like it, but you know he misses you. And you miss us too, don't even try to deny it. Maybe you just needed a break, I get it," Blaza soothed.

"I was supposed to be the responsible one! And it's not like I would take a second chance anyway. That thing is a FREAK and I'm sticking with that," Meme growled.

"Hey, neither of us are dead yet. If he even tried harming Nadwe, he wouldn't still be here," Blaza said. Meme relaxed a bit at Blaza's meaning.

"Thanks for taking care of him," Meme mumbled. The cookie monster man fell asleep and Blaza left, running into Nadwe.

"Hey."

"Don't, hey, me!" Nadwe said, "what were you doing there with him! Meme's dangerous! He doesn't have common sense, he could hurt you..!" Nadwe whisper-yelled at Blaza. The banana man raised his hands in surrender.

"Hey! You know I would be fine!" Blaza defended himself. Nadwe sighed.

"Anyways, there's some weird beeps from Navigation you should check out. Good luck with... Whatever it is," Nadwe said. Blaza saluted.

...anyways, this is now my most popular wattpad fic haha-

anyways, go check out my art book! it has a lot of socksfor1 related art! oh and i'm crossposting this on Ao3 (there are reasons and all of them are; spite) so yeah if that's easier for you, check it out!

https://archiveofourown.org/works/30062301

also, i have another socksfor1 story (check out my art book, once again) for when i'm done this >:)

have a great day!