Chapter 2

Activities day in Alfea and all the students are put and about. The first year fairies were gathered around the Stone the Circle with Farah for a quick demonstration of power. Farah had made it her personal task to teach all of them control.

Silva on the other hand, had all his specialist around the woods inside the school grounds for a special training. So the fairies grew used to their lesson being interrupted by the young specialists or having the feeling of being watched. 

"It's not working, can you move on, please?" Bloom sighs frustrated when she can’t light a small fire in the vessel. Farah nods at the young fairy before turning to the other redhead.

"Audrey, do you care to demonstrate as a fire fairy?" the Headmistress asks. Audrey felt her heart beating faster than usual. Naturally she had practice her magic before and with great success. Bit she was still not fully familiar with controlling her flames or demonstrating in front of people.

The girl walked to the centre of the circle and placed her hands on the vessel. Looking one last time at Farah, Audrey takes a deep breath closing her eyes.

"Push past your doubts, everything is going to be okay" she hears Farah say trying to focus only on her teacher’s voice and not the whispers coming from the other students.

Riven walked put of the woods to the open field, along with Sky and other specialists from their group. They were about to meet Silva when the brunette spotted the ginger head fairy. He was quick to elbow Sky and point towards her direction causing Sky to fully turn his attention to the girl.

Sky could see from far away her eyes glowing their red colour. He was waiting on edge for her next move.

A strong wind blew through the woods and to the open field. A strong fire burned on the vessel and flames light around the circle. Everyone was looking surprised and impressed at the same time.

Audrey was doing an amazing job. Everything looked under control. But then she felt her vision blurring. She wasn’t in the Stone Circle anymore.

She was in a room, a burning room.

People were screaming as they were trying to get past the flames. And there was crying, babies were crying.

The flames around the circle grew and the fire on the vessel became uncontrollable. The sky darkened and wind became stronger.

“Come on, Audrey. You got this” Sky whispered under his breath while his specialists friends were looking around them confused.

Audrey felt a tear slipping down her cheek, making her snap put of her thoughts. She shook her head as she let go of the vessel and everything returned to normal.

No fire, no wind.

“Everyone dismissed” Farah said to her students and they all left at once  leaving the teacher alone with the young fire fairy. Audrey was quick to wipe the tears from her cheeks before turning to look at Farah.

“I know I lost control but I promise-“
“I don’t think you lost control, Audrey” Farah interrupts her walking closer.

“But I thought it was too much” Audrey concludes. “Not too much for you. I’m happy to see that you’re finally letting your fire fairy show, Audrey. You haven’t been using your fire magic around people for years. I’m proud of you. But you still have to let go more-”

“I know that. You’ve told me before. It’s not easy, Farah” Audrey explained. “I know that you’re scared but you  have to move past that, Audrey. It’s been years. It’s time for you to embrace who you are and realize that what happened that night wasn’t your fault”

“We both know that’s not true Farah. Stop lying to me to make me feel better” Audrey replies. “You have to let it go,” Farah insists. “I’m trying” 

“Then try harder!” Farah says harshly making a surprised look form on Audrey’s face. Might be the first time she ever yelled at her in the last 10 years they’ve been living together.

Audrey nodded before walking away, heading back to the school for lunch.
All the students had gathered in the cafeteria by the time she arrived. She quickly took her food and sat on an empty table, away from the crowds.

"Audrey, can we talk you for a second?" Terra asks sitting on the table along with Bloom and Musa. Audrey raised her eyebrows waiting for her suitemates to tell her what they wanted.

"You already know what happened yesterday, so we wanted to ask if you could help us" Terra explains, her face scratching up as she waits for an answer. "Help you with what?" Audrey asks confused.

"The burned one took Stella's ring from me yesterday and we'll try to take it back" Bloom replies. Audrey’s face fell as she realised that the fairies wanted to break in the warehouse where the Burned one was kept so they’d take the ring.

"Going there is a suicide mission" she shakes her head letting her fork fall on her plate and bringing her hands on her face.  "That's why we need you, you looked like you knew what you're doing today," Bloom exclaims.

"Sorry but I can't help" the fire fairy replies sternly causing Bloom to beg her. "Girls, I think we should leave her alone," Musa says pulling back Bloom.

Her eyes were glowing purple like they always did when she felt someone’s else feelings. A familiar feeling reached her, pain. Last night she could feel someone from the suite being in pain but couldn’t figure it out. Now she knew for sure that it was Audrey.

“Just-“

“Terra!”

“Just think about it, please” Terra requests although Musa tried to stop her. “I said I can’t” Audrey snaps, her tone raising and groan escaping her lips. “I’m sorry, Terra. I’m really sorry I shouldn’t yell at you” she quickly apologizes sighing. 

"It's okay, just calm down and get some rest," Musa suggests before taking the girls and leading them out of the cafeteria. “She can’t help guys.  Should leave her lone”

“What do you mean? What did you feel?” Terra asks with her eyebrows furrowed. Confused as to why Audrey couldn’t and not didn’t want. "No need to know. She just can't help" Musa replies watching from a distance the fire fairy holding her head in her hands.

"Are you okay?" a familiar male voice reached Audrey’s ears. Audrey felt Sky sitting beside her on the bench. Sky placed his hand on her waist, landing right on the hurting spot and asking her flinch.

His eyebrows furrowed as he stared down at her. But Audrey wouldn’t talk about and Sky didn’t want to ask since she didn’t mention anything.

"I'm fine, it's nothing" she sighs shaking her head. Sky looks at her with raised eyebrows, he doesn't believe her. “The truth now” he exclaims "Okay yeah. I'm a moving mess but never expect me to admit it again"

"Everything is going to be fine" he whispers pulling her in for a hug. Sky kept his arms wrapped around her as she leaned against his chest, accepting that little comfort.

Having the thought of the girls doing that on their own, Audrey couldn’t concentrate on anything else during her day. Burned ones were tricky  especially for first years who didn’t know what they’re doing.

"You're here!" Terra exclaims happily as she spots the strawberry blonde walking towards them. “You said you wouldn’t come” Musa states looking at her as she stood beside her.

"What kind of friend would I be if I let you do this alone?" Audrey replies making the two fairies smile. “Okay let’s do this” Stella sighs and the girls started walking towards the wooden warehouse.

Aisha, Bloom and Stella had already walked in the barn when Musa stopped walking. Audrey’s eyebrows furrowed as she stared at the empath. She was feeling something  she could tell.

"Musa are you okay?" Terra asks confused as she watches the mind fairy walking towards the other direction than the one they should go. "I feel something," Musa replies making the two fairies follow her.

A yelp of pain escaped the girl’s lips as she fell to the ground holding her head in her hands. “It hurts” she cries in pain as Terra holds her in her embrace.

The fire fairy was looking around, trying to find from where was Musa picking the emotions and feelings. And when her gaze finally rested on them, she froze in place. And for a split second, everything went quite. She couldn’t hear Terra’s screams at the girl’s in the barn nor Musa’s groans.

“Silva!” she cries running towards him as soon as she recognizes him between the dead Solarian soldiers and specialists. He was leaning against a tree, a pained expression on his face. The man immediately  raised his sword when Audrey came closer.

“Saul, it’s me. Audrey” she says softly walking closer, her eyes glowing as she uses her telekinesis to take the sword out of his hands. “I know who you are. Please step back” he says breathless. “Not going to happen”

Terra after informing Stella and Aisha who came out of the barn earlier because of her yells, approached Silva and made him drink the little vial of Zanbaq she had with her while Audrey held him in her embrace.

“Everything is going to be alright” she whispers holding him still. Musa’s eyes flashed purple as she felt his emotions. Her face going pale at the pain. "Musa, he's scared, I'm not. Focus on me"
Audrey started looking around  the feeling from last night arriving once again. Warning her that the Burned one was close and it was coming for them.

"We have to leave," the fire fairy exclaims getting of the ground and picking up Silva. “I have to bandage it, Audrey. Calm down” Terra says looking  through her bag. “We don’t have time. Get the others and let’s go”

Musa looked with a confused look at the redhead. Her eyes glowing once more, the emotions she was reading making her realise that Silva being hurt wasn’t the only reason Audrey was so worried.

"It's not only that, is it?" Terra asks frightened looking between the two. "You can feel it," Musa exclaims looking at Audrey surprised. She nods. “We have to move”

The three of them left Stella, Aisha and Bloom behind and headed for the school. Bloom wanted to find the Burned one and the girls would help her.

Audrey carried Silva till the school. And even though Musa and Terra tried to help her, they both couldn’t keep up with her speed as they carried him so they backed off and stayed close to her making sure they’re safe.

“Help! I need some help here” Audrey yells entering the hall. Sky and Riven appearing by her side immediately and taking Silva out of her hands. "Find professor Harvey right now"

Beatrix run to Farah’s office and Audrey followed the two specialists to the greenhouse. The two boys place Silva down standing beside him when Harvey enters.

“What do you want me to do?” Audrey asks looking between Terra and her father. Her eyes were red with tears, which she was too stubborn to let fall, in them.

"You can't do anything, Audrey. Just take the boys and go” Silva groans from the bed he was lying making Sky take her hand and pull her outside along with him and Riven.

“There’s blood all over your shirt. Are you hurt too?” Sky asks looking down at her stomach. There was a huge blood spot on her shirt. “I-It’s probably Silva’s” she replies earning a hard look from Riven.

“Or maybe you should go check it with Terra” the brunette specialist says slightly irritated. “If I was hurt, I’d feel it. I’m fine” Audrey sighs leaning against the wall. “Actually because of the adrenaline-”

“I said I’m fine” she snaps at him. Her reaction not going unnoticed by the blond specialist who was worried about her since earlier. But right now, there were so many things going on. And since Audrey wasn’t willing to talk he wouldn’t push her.

Riven left to train the first years after Farah’s orders but Audrey and Sky stayed outside the greenhouse even though the Headmistress told them to leave  since they were no use there.

They were both sitting on the ground, leaning against the wall beside the door of the greenhouse. They were waiting. Sky was staring at the void in front of him, looking like his whole world had fallen apart. And Audrey... she looked like the whole world was on her shoulders as she had her legs on her chest and her head in her hands.

“I’m sorry, Sky. I can only imagine how-” before Audrey could complete her phrase, Sky embraced her in a tight hug, hiding his face on the crook of her neck. Audrey wrapped her arms around him protectively, keeping him close as she felt him shaking.

He was crying.