Chapter 13

"It is true, fairies are in danger" Rosalind admitted looking at the guests of the banquet after Stella had just made her announcement, claiming that Rosalind was taking fairies' powers so she'd grow stronger.

"But it is not me we have to worry about. Blood witches have always been a threat to us. We thought we had eliminated the threat but they're back and they're stronger" Rosalind explained and gasps and whispers echoed around the room.

"The creatures Stella was talking about are called scrapers and they can drain a fairy's magic. They're controlled by blood witches" Questions started to form from the royals of the Other World.

"Thankfully, I've found two fairies who have proven more capable than you could imagine. The Hayden twins, Audrey and Bloom, hold the power of the Dragon Flame. The first ones in thousand years."

Audrey couldn't shake that thought out of her head as she was sitting by the river once again. Last night Rosalind revealed that she and Bloom were not just two fairies sharing the fire element but sisters, twins.

Even though Rosalind dropped a bomb on the girls' heads she was kind enough to explain to them what she had found out about their identities after the banquet.

The night that Audrey's twin supposedly died, Blood witches had entered their home trying to kidnap them. They could feel the dragon flame burning in them. Audrey reacted as soon as she sensed them nearing. She tried to keep them away but when she lighted up the room in flames, the blood witches had already taken Bloom.

All this time, all this grief and all this pain. It was for nothing. Yes, Bloom lost her chance to live with her actual family but she was alive. Audrey was carrying such a burden for nothing.

"Audrey" a familiar male voice pulled the redhead out of her thoughts. Audrey turned around to see Sky standing some feet away from her. "Rosalind wants you at the specialists' field" he explains.

Audrey got off the grass and cleaned herself before walking away. Sky grabbed her arm softly and pulled her back, turning her around so they could face each other, he stopped her from leaving.

"I want to thank you for what you did for me on the banquet" the blond specialist mutters. "I did nothing Sky" Audrey sighs shaking her head slightly.

During the event, Stella's uncle had drunk a glass or two more that he should. He said things he shouldn't, he offended Sky. And even though the boy replied and defended himself, Audrey couldn't help but give the man a piece of her mind.

"He might worth less than you as you say but at least he's useful. Don't forget that last year while you were running to save yourself from the Burned Ones, he was first line on the battle. If it wasn't for him and the students of Alfea, you'd be dead by now" she said before leaving the table.

"No, you did. And I thank you for supporting me when you, out of everyone, have every reason not to" he says looking deeply into her green eyes. Audrey nods her head before heading off to the specialists' field with Sky following close behind her.

The Headmistress hadn't explained what she wanted her exactly but when the two arrived at the field and saw all the specialists falling in lines, they knew that something was terribly wrong.

Rosalind ordered Sky to fall in line too while she kept Audrey back. She explained to everyone, specialists and mind fairies, that this was a training for defending themselves against scrapers.

"I'm not a mind fairy, why am I here?" Audrey asks after Rosalind tried to use Musa to help Dane on a test. "You're not a mind fairy but you can enter a man's mind. I know because we've been practicing together" Rosalind explains.