Chapter 14

They walked in the abandoned building they were supposed to find Beatrice. The two specialists had placed the two girls in between them so one could cover the front and the other the back.

“She’s upstairs. I can feel her” Musa states, nodding towards the stairs. The four of them walked upstairs as silently as they could, hoping not to draw any unwanted attention and finally reaching the floor where Beatrice was.

The fairy was lying on the ground unconscious. Her skin looked pale, and her body was full of wounds where blood was pouring out from.

“She’s breathing” Musa says as she leans down to check on the girl. “Let’s get her and get out of here” Riven states before trying to pick up the girl.

The faint sound of scrapers closing made Sky and Audrey look around them on guard.  “Where are they?” Sky asked, looking around while holding his bow and arrow.

“Not here, at least yet” the sound of a familiar voice reached their ears.  Everyone turned to look at Andreas, who came out of the shadows, his eyes glowing purple as he stood there with his sword in hand. 

“It’s not Andreas I can feel someone else in his head” Musa says and Audrey’s eyes flash their deep orange color as she stepped in front of them. Riven's hand clutched on her arm, stopping her from doing anything.

“Do that, and the scrapers will be here any minute. They come for you” he says and Audrey nods her head stepping back. He was right. Sky and Riven had to handle this with their swords. Magic wouldn’t help them.

“Run” Riven orders, pushing them out of the room as soon as the fight begins. Audrey and Musa run down the stairs.
The sound of the scrapers approaching echoed in the room, making the two girls look at each other.

“We have to find a place to hide” Audrey says and Musa nods her head agreeing. They looked around, spotting a corridor that led to a room.

They run towards there when a scraper attacked Musa, biting her arm only for a second. The mind fairy groaned in pain as she tried to pull it off of her skin before Audrey grabbed a broken glass bottle from the ground and used it to cut the scraper.

The creature dropped to the floor, not moving.

“Let’s go” Audrey says, pushing Musa towards the room, pulling her out of her gaze. And just as Musa opened the door, another scraper appeared in between them, separating them.

Audrey was quick to use her magic to push Musa inside the room and close the door behind her so the scrapers wouldn’t get to her.

She knew that if she was bitten once more, the mind fairy would lose her magic.

The fire fairy changed directions, heading once again upstairs. The building was big enough. She could find another room to lock herself into.

The creature managed to grab her hand in between his fangs, but Audrey managed to pull it off just soon enough only for it to leave a slight cut. She threw it to the wall before continued running.

And just as she found her room and was ready to enter, she felt a sharp stinging pain on her shoulder. But a bite wasn’t even close enough to make Audrey give up.

She threw herself with force on the wall, groaning in pain as her back collided with the stone. A disturbing sound echoed as the scraper got hurt, making it back off and giving Audrey the chance to get in the room.

The fire fairy closed the door behind her, leaning against it as she fell to the ground. Her breathing was heavy and unsteady. She groaned in pain as she placed her hand over her wound to stop the bleeding.

She could feel her magic fading away, but she wasn’t worried. She knew it was only for a minute. But anxiety creeper into her as she was listening to the sound of Sky’s, Riven’s  and Andreas’ swords clinging as they hit one another.

They were fighting in the room next to her, and she could hear all of it.

Among the million thoughts that currently run through her mind, Audrey remembered the conversation she had with Rosalind and Bloom after the banquet.

“You two share an amazing gift. You should be grateful I discovered it and not whine like fucking babies” Rosalind stated looking at the two girls. “Bloom are you even listening?”

Blah blah the dragon flame is an amazing gift blah blah blah” the fire fairy replied picking on her nails. “I’m not talking about the Dragon Flame, Bloom”

“You are twin fairies, share the same abilities. If you know how to use it right the bond you share will make you unstoppable” the Headmistress explained making the two girl look at each other.

They still hadn’t comprehended  that they were sisters. But no one gave them the time to do so. They had to accept it and move on so Rosalind’s plan would work.

What bond?” Bloom asked finally interested in the conversation. “You two are linked somehow. In a strange way I can’t really put my finger on”

“And where did that come from?” Audrey asked the woman. “When the Blood Witches kidnapped Bloom you tried to save her, you could sense her agony that’s why you tried to protect her”

Even if that's true, the link has probably been destroyed. Or else I’d know my sister was alive.”

“My only explanation is that something is blocking it. Maybe a spell a blood witch casted while they had Bloom. You have to find the strength to break it”

With the last bit of magic she could feel inside her, Audrey tried to find Bloom. She was searching restlessly for her twin sister.

Until she found her.

Bloom must have felt her because she immediately hit the brakes , making the car come to a halt as she brought a hand to her head.

Audrey could see through Bloom’s eyes and Bloom through Audrey’s. They could feel each other’s feelings and read each other’s thoughts.

Sebastian

He was the one responsible for the situation they were into. Bloom was driving to him. And realizing that Audrey was in real danger only gave her motivation to bring her mission to the end.

They might have had a rocky start but they were still sisters. The only family they basically had was each other. And while they fought and disliked each other when it came to fighting to protect, they would die for one another.

Audrey felt a wave of exhaustion hit her. She felt her eyelids heavy as the magic faded away. The last thing she remembered was hearing Silva coming to save them and Riven screaming her name, looking for her.

She remembered Bloom talking with Sebastian.

Riven was out of the building with Beatrice in his arms. Dane came to view, taking the unconscious fairy out of his grasp.

“Have you seen the girls?” he asks looking at the specialist. “What girls?” Dane asks back, his eyebrows furrowing in confusion.

“Audrey and Musa are here, didn’t they come out?” Riven’s voice full of worry. Dane didn’t dare to speak. He just shook his head slowly.

“Fuck”

  Audrey felt herself waking up as her eyelids slowly opened and embracing the light that was filling the room. She let her gaze around, recognizing the place she was as the bedroom of her suite.

“Audrey!” Riven and Sky both jumped from their seats, getting close to the girl. Audrey’s eyebrows furrowed as she looked at them, trying to remember what had happened.

“Musa” the fire fairy mutters as she tries to get herself of the bed. “Wow take it easy there” Sky says softly, pushing her back on the pillows.

“Musa is sleeping in the next room. She’s safe. You both are” Riven states, holding her hand in his. “What happened? How long have I been out”

“Surprisingly not long. Just a couple of hours” Sky explains, and the girl nods her head. “Did we get Beatrice?” she asks, and both boys nodded. “What about Andreas?”

Riven and Sky looked at each other.

“You don’t have to worry about him.” Riven replies, leaving the girl even more confused than before. Had something happened to the specialist during the battle? Was he dead? Was he seriously wounded? Or was he okay?

“Audrey you’re finally awake” a voice she’d want not hear again reached her ears. The fire fairy moved her gaze towards the door of her bedroom and saw Rosalind standing under the frame.

“Get up, get dressed and come meet me at the Circle” she says before turning on her heals and walking out of the room.

“Fucking psycho” River mutters under his breath as he rolls his eyes at the Headmistress acts. “She should let you rest. Not make you run errands”
“It’s fine, Riv. I’m fine” Audrey exclaims rising slowly so she could get out of her bed. “Audrey” Sky stopped her, grabbing her hand.

“I thought you'd feel it by now, but clearly, the medicine Terra gave you is strong.” he explains, looking into her eyes and seeing how confusion took over her.

“You were bitten”

A hint of surprise takes her over, which soon gets replaced by sadness. She was bitten. That could mean two things. She didn’t have magic and was covered in wounds. Or she was just bitten once without losing her powers but still having the scars to bear.

And then the memories hit her
Audrey moved her arm in sight, seeing a bandage around her forearm. Under that should be a bite mark, not deep though. And them her hand touched the back of her shoulder, feeling the gauze.

She could remember that that was a bad one.

“Flora said that it would still be soon to tell if you have lost your magic or not when you’d wake up. Like I said you’re under heavy medicine, and that has slowed you down”