Bonus Chapter

"Oh god, don't pout, Farah" Rosalind says to the woman rolling her eyes "Fine, I'll let you in a little secret. Just this once" she starts.

"There's a legend, it is thousands of years old. That's how old the Burned Ones are by the way. They were soldiers of an ancient war. The legend is about the magic it created them. It's powerful! It's primal! The dragon flame... It burns inside the Hayden twins. Or better say Audrey and our changeling friend, Bloom."

Farah’s eyes widen as she freezes in place. What Rosalind was claiming was serious. Audrey and Bloom were sisters, twins. Could it be another one of her little games?

Farah quickly put the pieces together. Both girls were fire fairies, sharing similar characteristics. They were both hunted by the Burned Ones.

And they both had the Dragon Flame
"Yeah, I know it's shocking. Poor Audrey. All this time she thought that she killed her sister when all she did was protecting her." Rosalind sighs.

"That's not possible"  Farah states. "Oh come on! Don't tell me that you didn't think about it at least once" Rosalind replies looking at her old partner. "But that's another story, I'll keep it for another time" she says.

"I'm sure you knew that the Burned Ones didn't stand a chance against Audrey but Bloom must have surprised you" Rosalind says. "You tested them. You let the Burned ones in the school so the girls unlock their full potential"

"You risked all these lives-"

"There's a war on the horizon" Rosalind interrupts her. "The Burned Ones are nothing to what is coming"