Chapter 15

One week later...

"It's almost healed, Aud. No need for a bandage today" Terra says with a smile looking down at the fire fairy as she had her on the examination table.

"Do you want to try the exercises again?" she asks once more. "I-"

"Silva requested these" Riven walked in the room followed by Dane, a piece of paper in his hand. Flora took the paper and started placing all the herbs Silva wanted on the table in front of the specialist.

"How are you doing, love?" Riven asks the fire fairy, placing a kiss on her forehead as he embraced her in a hug.

"I'm good" Audrey replies giving him a tight smile that definitely didn't persuade him she was alright.

Riven knew she was struggling. After they found out she lost her magic, Audrey closed to herself. She didn't request any company nor accepted it when it was offered.

She stopped attending any class and never showed up to her meets with Rosalind. She disappeared once the sun was up and you'd only find her on school grounds when the nightfall came.

She was lost and that pained him the most.

"What are you girls up to?" Dane asks his gaze moving between the three females. "Just checking up on Audrey's wounds" Flora mutters taking the last vial out of the shelf.

"What does doctor Terra say? Is she alright?" Riven asks looking at Terra before letting his gaze fall on his best friend. "She's better than yesterday so that's a good sign"

"Cool. Then you don't mind me taking her to the field. Silva wants to talk to her"

"Off you go" Flora smiles at them before passing Dane the box with the herbs and the three of them walking out.

"What did Silva want to talk about?" Audrey asks once Dane leaves them on their own. "Nothing I just thought you needed a save"

"Musa said that Terra has been pushing you to get your magic back" Riven states. "She's just trying to help" Audrey defends the girl. Terra didn't mean no harm. She wanted to help, she just didn't understand when she had crossed the line.

"Is she helping?"

"I don't know. She is positive but I don't think my magic can return like that" the fire fairy explains. "Then you shouldn't do it"

"Musa will come training today with the specialists. She tried it yesterday and now she can't let it go. You should come too" Riven offers.

"I'm not feeling it, Riv" Audrey replies and the boy nods his head slowly. Training with the specialists and spar with Riven and Sky was Audrey's thing.

But this girl in front of him wasn't Audrey anymore. So no, she wasn't feeling it. And he understood.

"Audrey" Riven calls her name, changing his mind on walking away from the girl. The specialist turn to look at her, their eyes meeting.

He just felt the need to say it. Make sure she knows it.

"I love you"

"I love you too, Riv" Audrey didn't hesitate to say it back. Because she wanted him to know too. She's been letting him down lately. But it wasn't her intention.

And she would make it up to him. But not now

She had to make it up to herself first.

"I figure I'd find you here" a familiar male voice reached Audrey's ears as she was sitting by the river. The girl turned around to look at the boy standing behind her.