Chapter 4

One hour later, Audrey enters Sky and Riven’s room, already ready for the party they’d attend. Stella was also there getting ready since the place was quieter than their suite.

"I don't care who's after the burned one, Stella. I'm not drinking" Sky exclaims after Stella tells him that Marco , one of the best fairies of the decade was after the burned one that attacked Silva, wanting to relieve him a bit.

"Do you know who Marco is?" Stella asks turning to Audrey who didn’t look any better too after the reveal. "Yes, Stella. I know who he is." Audrey replies. "But still. The new specialists haven’t been to war. They don’t know how to track those things down, let alone finding the right one.”

"You speak like you have experience on the matter" Stella exclaims placing some make up on her face. “Must be the one a man gets after killing one” Riven mutters drinking some more alcohol from his flask. The party hadn’t even started yet he was wasted already.

“What was that Riven?” Sky asks with raised eyebrows. “He’s wasted, Sky” Audrey says looking at the blonde. But Sky wasn’t having it. For days now he felt like his two friends were keeping things from him. Riven and Audrey were awfully close and it killed him.

“What did you just say, Riven?” the specialist asks one more time.

“I said that I’m going to the East Wing” the brunette replies before getting of his bed, trying to stand on his feet. “And I’m taking you with me” he adds grabbing Audrey’s arm and leading her out of the room. Leaving a slightly irritated Sky behind.

"How are you holding up?" Audrey asks Sky when she finds him later during the party, sitting alone outside with a cup in his hands. “I feel like shit, Audrey” Sky sighs getting a sip of his drink.

“I know I’m not supposed to feel that way but Silva raised me.  We train and learn to risk our lives but I never let myself to think that Silva ” he stops himself.

“I just don’t want him to go too” the sound specialist sighs. “You’re allowed to feel, Sky.

"I know I'm supposed to be strong but Silva basically raised me after my father died. They were best friends. We train and learn to risk our lives but... I never let myself think that Silva-" he stops.

“You shouldn’t think that way, Sky. Everything will work out. And don’t ever apologize again for being human. You’re allowed to feel” Audrey says taking his hand in hers.

“I just feel like everyone’s been lying to me recently. Silva with how he’s doing and Harvey not telling me his results.
Even Riven. We’ve been best friends for years. We say each other everything but this year he has cut off completely. He’s keeping secrets from me”

“If it makes you feel better, that’s not Riven’s fault.” Audrey exclaims taking a sip from Sky’s drink. Sky remained silent for a minute before speaking up again.

“What did he mean? Earlier he said you have experience at killing Burned Ones. What did he mean?” Sky asks looking into her green eyes.

“The night before Silva got attacked I got attacked too while I was walking around the woods. Riven was there too. He helped me and kept it a secret because I asked him to. That’s why he wanted me to check up with Terra”

“Why? From me? Why keep it a s3cret from me?” Sky asks confused and surprised by what Audrey had just revealed. “There’s something strange going on, Sky. I can feel those creatures and I want to figure out our connection without having everyone over my head”

“You should have told me” Sky exclaims even though the fire fairy had explained why she hadn’t already. “You would have carried me to the examination table if you knew. I shouldn’t have told anyone”

“Silva would kick his ass if he knew that you were walking around off school grounds in the middle of the night” Sky chuckles softly. “Yes but he won’t because he won’t know. Right Sky?” she asks looking into the boys eyes. “Right Sky?”

“Right”

“Tell me how do you feel. Silva and you seem close too” The specialist exclaims leaning against the bench they were sitting. “Silva has been there for me since I can remember myself. I don’t want to lose him”

“How come you know him for so long but we haven’t met? I don’t remember you being around when I was younger” Sky says with furrowed eyebrows. “His close friends with my parents. Both him and Farah, actually. The fought together or something”

“Your parents? You never talk about them” Sky exclaims making the girl turn her gaze to the floor. “It’s complicated” Audrey sighs. “Is it because they live in the First World?” the boy asks and Audrey tries to speak, her mouth opens and now odds come out. “It’s okay. I like a good mystery”

“Fucking finally” Riven’s voice reaches their ears, making both look away from each other and to the brunette specialist. “I’ve been looking for you everywhere. Are you in for a round of bear pong?”

Some minutes later, the boys were opposite of Audrey, Bloom and Aisha trying to win the round. Aisha didn’t want to drink alcohol so every time she lost either Bloom or Audrey drunk the liquor instead of her. Which had led to the two redheads become more loose.

“Drink” Audrey says to the blonde specialist once Aisha lands the little ball in his cup. Accepting defeat Sky takes the red cup in his hands before leaving it back down, feeling a stinging pain on his palm.

“The beer is hot” he exclaims hearing giggles coming from the girls’ side. “Did you?” everyone laughs at the table as Audrey nods.  "That's the rules, come on drink!" Bloom says pointing her finger at the specialist.

"Use your magic to bounce it out," Bloom says to Aisha once it’s the boys’ turn to shoot. The little ball coming from Riven gets in the cup but bounces back out since Aisha manipulated it. But the water fairy lost control causing all the beer to spill on the boys.

"What the fuck?"

"I'm sorry, I'll bring paper towels" Aisha says apologetic and walks away in a rush. “There’s no need, I can-“ but before Audrey could complete her phrase Aisha was out of there, pulling Bloom with her.

“Riv, come here. I can dry it” Audrey sighs motioning for the specialist to come closer. Her eyes glow red as he holds the shirt between her fingers. “Thanks, Aud”

“This one is a little more fun than Stella, huh?” Riven smirks at Sky. “Thanks I guess” Audrey chuckles turning to look at the blond. Sky was alarmed when he saw the fairy  freezing on her spot and her eyes glowing again, like she was using her powers.

“Audrey, are you okay?” he asks placing his hand on her shoulder. “Y-yeah, I just- I have to go” Audrey exclaims walking away in a hurry. Her face had went pale at what she had just seen.
It wasn’t the first time Audrey had gotten a vision. But it usually was old memories, something someone didn’t want her to forget. But this time it was different. She saw Silva and Farah.

Forest

Burned One

Sky

She was walking fast through the empty corridors of Alfea, wanting to head to her suite, when she met Farah and Harvey sitting on the central table of the courtyard.

She could tell something was going on by the way Farah looked at her. The woman tried to wipe some tears of her cheeks, so Audrey wouldn’t notice but they both knew each other way too well.

Audrey could tell

“What is it?” Audrey asks and Farah gets of her chair and embraces her in a tight hug without saying a word. “No, Farah. What happened? What’s wrong? Please"

“It’s Silva” The Headmistress then proceeded to explain to the girl that the team found the Burned one they’ve been tracking for so long but it wasn’t the right one. Silva didn’t have much time.

"And what are you doing about that?" Audrey asks as she feels tears forming in her eyes. The teachers don’t say a word. “We have to do something” she says her voice breaking.

“You can’t do anything, Audrey.” Harvey sighs defeated. “Farah?” Audrey turns to look at the air fairy. Farah shook her head, looking defeated. “I’m sorry, love”

Even with her fuzzy head, Audrey could remember everything from that night. Farah held her and told her that there’s nothing more they could do than being there for Silva as she cried on her shoulder.

But the fire fairy couldn’t sit back doing nothing. She had to help somehow. She had t find that burned one.
Later that night, when the sun soon would be up, Audrey walked around the school grounds. She was at the stone circle when she saw Sky.

“What re you doing out here?” the specialist asks once he spots her. “What are you doing here?” Audrey asks back looking at him. He was wearing his suit and had weapons placed around his waist and a sword on his back. “I asked first”

“Fine, I’m going after the Burned one” Sky sighs once he realizes that the girl won’t answer the question first. “I’m coming with you” Audrey states.

“No, if something goes wrong-“
“I won’t let you go alone, Sky” Audrey interrupts him, staring into his blue eyes. The boy nods in agreement before he sees Audrey’s attention completely sifting to the forest.

"Audrey," he calls her name. “I can feel it in the forest” Audrey says, her voice low. Sky wastes no time and walks in front of her protectively, heading for the woods.

“Audrey? Where are you going?” the fire fairy hears Bloom’s voice and turns around to look at her. “There’s a burned one hear. Go back to the school” she yells at her. Bloom nods before running back to the school, wanting to bring help.

"It's close," Audrey says once they’ve walked deep enough in the woods. "I still don't understand how the hell can you truck these things" Sky admits looking around carefully. “When you do, please tell me too”

The sound of a growl and leaves cracking under someone’s step makes Audrey’s eyes glow. The fairy uses her power to form a fire circle around her and Sky for protection.

The specialist looked surprised at the girl. He hadn’t seen what she was capable of before. He had also never been this close to fire but not burning.

Without even realizing it, Audrey was swept off of her legs. The girl was on the ground when Sky got in the way between her and the Burned one.
The specialist started fighting it but to no vain. It was stronger.

“Close your eyes!” Stella’s voice echoes. The light fairy manages to blind the burned one and Terra ties it up with some vines . Bloom and Aisha create some smoke so it wouldn’t be able to see, giving Sky the chance to grab his sword once again and stab it through the chest.

“Are you alright?” the boy asks helping the fire fairy up. “Yeah” Audrey sighs, cleaning the dirt off of her body. “Don’t go too close, I don’t it’s dead” Musa exclaims.

Suddenly the creature moved, making the fairies step back scared since they didn’t expect it. The sound of something breaking echoed around the forest as Audrey broke its bones in half with her magic before letting it burn.

“Is everyone alright?” Farah asks running towards her students. The Headmistress looked among them, sighing in relief that they were alright before leading them back to school.

Sky and Audrey were standing under the doorframe of the greenhouse, waiting  or Harvey to tell them if Silva’s wounds had healed. Once the examinations was over, the two walked farther in.

"You are an idiot," Silva says pointing his finger at Sky "I know" Sky agrees trying to hold back his smile, already noticing that his father is better. "A stupid, impulsive, reckless idiot"

"I know but is it better?" the blond specialist asks.  "Is it better?" he repeats himself when no one speaks. "Professor Harvey?" he turns to the teacher who nods with a proud smile on his lips.

"Don't smile at him." Silva whines before embracing Sky in a tight hug. “Your dad would be proud” he whispers in his ear before looking behind them. Only then noticing that the fire fairy was waiting there too.

"Don't just stand there you little trouble. Come here!" Silva says motioning for Audrey to come closer before taking her in his arms too.  "This! This is all your fault. You passed him your attitude" he jokes  referring to how Sky had changed since e met Audrey.
“Guilty but you’re healed” she exclaims. "Yeah but-“

“No buts you're alive. That’s all that matters" Audrey interrupts hugging hmm one more time, making him realize how much he had scared her.

“Now if you excuse me, I’m going to get my ass whooped by Farah”

Audrey says her goodbye to the men before walking back to the school. She was sitting by the stairs along with her suitemates, waiting for Farah to arrive since she wanted to talk to them.

"That the lot of you and headmaster Silva is still alive doesn't change how thoughtless you were. We'll discuss consequences in the morning" Farah says and the girls nod. “Audrey to my office”

Audrey followed Farah to her office, believing that the woman just wanted to scowl her in private. Tell her how reckless what she did was and how she’d get a real punish if she acted that way again.

“Farah, I know you didn’t want me to act like that but-“ the girl was interrupted by the Headmistress embracing her in a tight hug. Audrey froze in place.

Yes, Farah raised her. They stayed together for years but their relationship wasn’t like mother- daughter’s ones. They didn’t hug, they didn’t talk about boys.

“I’m proud of you, Audrey” Farah sighs still hugging her. Audrey wrapped her arms around her, finally realizing what is happening.  “You did a great job today” Farah exclaims before letting her go. “Now go rest”