CHAPTER 1 : NEW WORLD

August 14th 2020

Above all, it's important to explain what has happened in the world since that day, before getting to the heart of the matter by following the story of our heroes.

It's absolutely necessary to talk about the most important events that happened, and the information that the world has learned since then. Of course, without forgetting to talk about how people have reacted, and how they organized themselves during the past few months.

During the days which followed "April 4th", which will forever mark the history under the name of "the Massacre of the Hydrangea Garden" many things have happened.

But first, let's explain why this day was named so.

It's not difficult to understand why the term "massacre" is used but why "the Hydrangea Garden" ?

It has two meanings, the first reason is that this garden is supposed to designate the world in which humans live, so the Earth, and the hydrangea flowers represent humans.

In the language of flowers, the hydrangea is a symbol of prosperity, grace, beauty but also of vanity, narcissism and selfishness.

Obviously the most widespread explanation in the public opinion is that it's supposed to designate the fact that these monsters wanted to destroy the beauty and the prosperity of our society, but we could also think that the historian who proposed this name rather thought of pointing out the bad sides of humanity.

But then again, for which reasons if we think like this ?

The second one is that this name is a tribute to all the people who died, this is why a flower was chosen, but also to avoid using more shocking or aggressive terms, which considering the situation, was not really a good idea, because it would easily rewind trauma or bad memories in people. It would only add violence to something that is already violent enough.

After explaining this, we can now talk about what happened after that day.

The days that followed were very difficult and horrible for most people.

On a "global" agreement, several decisions were made.

At the beginning, controls were carried out to be able to locate the buildings which were in risk of collapsing, to be able to signal to people if this was possible for them to return to their home or not. And for those whose house was destroyed, the question does not even place itself.

Homeless people have been accommodated in camps with many other, and unknown people for an indefinite period.

Those who were already homeless before that day, and those who became homeless after that day were all in the same situation at that time.

Aids have been put in place to enable people who have been separated from their families or relatives to find them if they were still alive.

Most of the people who lost their loved ones didn't have the chance to organize a funeral for the deceased because most of the bodies had been destroyed to the point of dust. It was one more sad news on top of everything else.

Many people following this event, had suicidal cravings while others manifested numerous psychological problems because of what they saw, which created a fairly significant general panic and the requests for therapists and psychologists increased dramatically.

People even started to develop a fear of seeing the outside world by developing a phobia of these monsters.

Economically, this has posed enormous problems.