CHAPTER 9 : PRACTICAL TEST PT.1

Location: France, Paris at the 40th floor of the Pawn Building

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 04:37 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Y/N: How can I get out....

(I have no powers, which is already something to be worried about.

I must avoid any fight or conflict.

The safest way would be to ally with someone to be able to go out but there is always a chance of being betrayed.

Also if I try to ally with someone, that person will surely ask me what kind of powers I have and it will be game over for me.

Result, I can only count on myself.

The safest thing to do would be to go down 2 floors by 2 floors, each time taking refuge in these kinds of rooms to be safe.

Most of the people here have no experience in fighting or strategy design so I might think that it's enough for me to run as quickly as possible to escape from all the people I meet, but which I cannot do because of two things. Professional magicians and certain candidates who must surely master their powers at a very high level.

There are two ways to go down the floors to exit through the main entrance, go down the stairs or take the elevator who's still in service.
I understand it better now why only one elevator is free for use between many more.

Important point, there are no rules that prohibit destroying or preventing the operation of the elevator.

Being on the 40th floor even if it ends up being blocked on a floor below it's not as if I could jump in the cage where it's supposed to pass, my legs will not support it.

In addition, even if I imagine that I land on the roof of it, what do I do next ?

I don't have the strength to break the roof to enter the elevator and then exit for which floor I am on, and this only if it's not blocked between two floors, in this case, there is nothing I can do.

The only option left is to go down the stairs, no one should interfere with it because it's also considered as the building's foundations.

The stairs are made so that it's possible to descend only one floor at one time, you cannot descend all at once to the ground floor. There are two staircases on each floor, one to go up and one to go down, totally opposite of each other.)

Y/N: If I understand everything correctly the only thing I can do now is get out of this room, run and descend the stairs of two floors to take no risk, take refuge in a room and do the same thing so on.

(There shouldn't be a fight in the stairs unless professionals are there but I don't think so.

If they just want to stop us they have no interest in staying in a tight space where they won't have much margin of work.

Plus, they have to wait for the candidates on the floor and not on the stairs because some people might be able to go through things. For example, they have to pay attention to the people who don't need to take the elevator and go down the stairs to get to the main entrance.

But nothing says that people can create obstacles on the stairs, which is why not only being on the 40th floor, it makes more floor to go down but the probability that the obstacles accumulate.