CHAPTER 10 : NUMBER 1

Location: France, Paris, in the secret elevator of the Pawn Building

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 05:03 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Y/N: I really don't know how I was able to survive this... (he said panting with one hand on his chest and the other one pressed on on one side of the elevator to stay upright despite his bent back)

(I was acting all tough in front of them just a few seconds ago but I really got scared for my life. It's truly a miracle that I was able to find a way to escape from that fight I couldn't win for sure even if I had powers from magic.)

Y/N: Anyway, I'm going down now and I hope the hardest part is left behind now (he said taking a deep breath to clear his mind)

(At least, it was fun to see some of their faces when they realised they couldn't do anything to me after I found this little buddy. It's not my fault if they woke up my teasing side.)

Y/N: Even if it doesn't show, I truly respect them because of the path they have chosen. It's not easy at all to face Infixarqs on a daily basis. Even more when you don't have strong enough powers to fight alone against one of them (after taking some time to breath slowly, he was finally able to stand straight on his own)

(Thinking about what just happened, I can describe my actions easily with just one single word, "crazy". That's what I am. I can't go back anyway, I already did so much and I'll go through all of this no matter what.)

Y/N: I wonder if other people were able to find this elevator... It doesn't look like someone went in before me from how the floor looks. But thanks to this buddy, I'm winning some time since it would have been longer to take all the staircases.

(Taking a small rest was something I would never have imagined when I left the room I was in after 20 minutes since the test began. Of course, it's more than welcomed.)

Y/N: It smells really nice here...

(I don't have much time left, around 9 minutes I think. I hope nothing will stop me once I'm outside. I don't have enough time for that.)

Y/N: Something is kind of weird... I'm not going down anymore...

(It feels like the elevator is moving forward somehow.)

Before he could have another thought, something surprising happened near the entrance of the building.
In the main hall, coming from the ground of the building right in the middle of it, the secret elevator, unknown to every candidate except one, showed itself.

*BEEP*

Elevator: Floor 0, Thank you for trusting us, the Kavalry University. Have a safe trip.

(That voice came from the elevator ? What kind of message is this ? I really don't know how you can tell me to have a safe trip after what just happened. Who even said that I was going on a trip ?)

Y/N: Let's just get outside of here. The doors have already opened and I'm not really surprised by what I can already see from here.

Just when he planned to go outside to not lose any more time, a body fell from the top of the elevator just in front of him.

Y/N: Is this some kind of joke ? I guess you were at the wrong place at the wrong time. Sorry for lifting you up by coming with my bud. (he bowed down even if the guy in front of him looked unconscious)