CHAPTER 5 : YOUR VOICE

Location: France, Paris, at the test location

Date: August 14th 2020

Time: 01:54 p.m

P.O.V: Y/N

Y/N: Another 6 minutes before the start. The sooner it's done, the faster I can go home. My bed must be feeling lonely right now without me.

(They put in the big resources. They freed up three buildings large enough to make people pass the tests on each floor. It's more than enough to accommodate a maximum of participants I think. Anna Qyllyos, even if it's also in their interests... You really have the government at your feet.)

Y/N: More people than I thought came. Some of them even seem to be foreigners. We should be around 5000 people if I had to estimate a number.

(More people than I thought want to die at a young age. At least it's for a "good" reason...)

???: Humm.... Humm... Everyone should be able to hear me well.

Let me introduce myself. I am one of the two vice-directors of the Kavalry University, Elisa Kang.

(Her last name doesn't sound French. She could be still, but it won't surprise me much if she's not. For such an ambitious school, it would be normal to have foreign staff. She's making the presentation in English, so that as many people as possible can understand.

That's a pretty good choice. Everyone should be able to understand English these days.

This school is clearly a university of magic who wants to aspire to a world rank from what I can see so far.)

Elisa: I think you already know why all of you are here, so please, head to the, entrance of one of these three buildings and follow the instructions given to you by the staff present there, and by myself.

You have to choose one of the three buildings. They are called King, Queen and Pawn. Please don't run toward them, it's important. Just walk toward them at a good pace. Also, I'm sure that some of you will not end up in the one he or she wanted, but I still want to specify that this choice is part of the test too.

Good luck to everyone, I'll be back to tell you more about the tests soon !

(It will always impress me how much technology, and the study of magic has evolved... She can speak to us, making sure that we hear her perfectly, wherever we are, without her being present in front of us. We don't even know where her voice is coming from. She must be in a room reserved only for her in one of these buildings, I woul....)

Random Guy: You should watch where you walk ! Stop dreaming, if you're not here for the test, just go home or anywhere else you want to !

(He's the one who pushed me when I'm motionless, right ? Why is he upset right now ? If you're stressed, don't let it go on me. He's not the only one in that state... Do they not understand when they are told not to rush, and so not to push each other ?

She really had to clarify that it was part of the test ? Now everyone wants to reach a building as quickly as possible. I'm already tired of all of this...)

Y/N: Are they serious ? I understand that it's not very attractive, but how come no one wants to go into the Pawn building. Nobody is going toward that one. Not even one person when we're around five thousand.

(I don't really care, it's the easiest way to get in as quickly as possible and to not have to wait outside, standing up, I don't know how long. We are separated from these buildings by 3 km. They are in three different directions. Is there a reason why we all had to wait here first ? I'm thinking too much about it maybe...)