The Sun and Moon rise: part 2

3rd person POV:

Today was the day, that Yn Direx boarded the Research and Peacekeeping vessel, The S.S Dawn.

(S.S Dawn)

S Dawn)

Yn:...

Yn:(chuckles)

Yn:(smiles) Oh~ I'm getting excited just looking at this ship.

Yn: Maybe this will be the start of my great space adventure?

Getting onto the ship, Yn admired the clean look of the interior. Guided to the deckhand locker room, Yn waited for someone to come greet him.

When Cynthia the first mate arrived, Yn became pleasantly surprised.

Yn:(smiles) Cynthia.

Cynthia: How are you, Yn?

Yn: Good, all things considered. You?

Cynthia: Great. So great in fact, I somehow got in such a good mood that I was convinced that I should get you a job.

Cynthia: Anyway, here.

She hands him a uniform.

Yn: Another reason I want to be a pilot... I wouldn't be required to wear a uniform.

Cynthia: You can start saying that when you actually become a pilot. Until then, put that on.

Cynthia: Today you're just going to familiarize yourself with the ship. But tomorrow, you'll get to work.

Yn: What am I going to be doing here?

Cynthia: Cleaning, helping out wherever any higher-ups ask you to, and more cleaning up.

Yn: And my pay...?

Cynthia:..... Did you not read the contract?

Yn:... I skimmed it.

Cynthia:(sigh)

Cynthia:(fake smile) It's enough so you can get what you want in less than a year.

Yn: Yes!

Cynthia: Before I go, I want you to know that I'm responsible for you. So don't get in trouble, it'll make me look bad.

Yn: Ah, don't worry! When I'm done here, everyone is going to be begging you to find them someone as good as me.

Cynthia: Sounds like a nightmare... Just don't screw up or I'll kick your ass.

Leaving, Yn gets changed and follows the pre-recorded video tour of the vessel to get to know his workplace surroundings.

The next day, he was immediately put to work after the S.S Dawn took off to the strange meteor from the sun, called Helios.

The work given to him wasn't exactly what he wanted, but it was a start.