Mercury Business: part 2

3rd person POV:

Aibella and Ryuka sat across the advanced artificial intelligence made by Nexstar industries to help run the business, Aiba.

Aiba: What kind of business do you wish to conduct?

Aibella: This.

She brings out a smart device that projects what the captain wanted from Nexstar industries.

Aiba:...

Aiba: In accordance with the Majesty's System Peace Regulations, Rule 10.

Aiba: "Independent contractors, companies and other none military organizations are not allowed to develop or advance weaponry.

Aiba: Unless granted permission, in which case all blueprints for said weapons are made public knowledge."

Aiba: Along with that, Nexstar industries doesn't give away its secrets.

Aiba: Sorry for not being able to aid you.

Aibella: Hold on, I have this.

She swipes to a different page. Revealing a pardon for said rule, allowing them to make weapons while not requiring to reveal the blueprints for said weapons, letting them keep their secrets.

Aiba: You should have simply shown this at the start.

Aibella: So how much?

Aiba:... You can't afford it.

Ryuka: What? We're government-funded. We can afford anything.

Aiba: The governments that fund you are mostly all shut off from each other, leaving you dry in the currency department.

Aiba: That leaves us in a paradoxical state, where if we give you the products and you lose the battle, we gain nothing.

Aiba: But if we do not give you the product, you will most certainly lose, and we'll gain nothing.

Ryuka: Now what?

Aibella: She's going to tell us what she wants.

Aiba: Correct. We know about the Solar Gear. In exchange for its blueprints, we shall supply you with all your needs for the fight against Crescent.

Aibella:... Sadly we don't have any useful blueprints of that Gear. And we don't have time to give it to you for study.

Aiba: I see.

Aiba:...

Aiba: Then give us a three-dimensional model of the Gear.

Aibella: A 3D model?

Aiba: With its exact dimensions.

Aibella:?

Aibella: What are you going to do with that?