Chapter 2: 'Migraine'

YALL I GOT SUBNAUTICA AND IVE BEEN PLAYING IT NIGHT AND DAY

Which is mainly why it's been so long since the last chapter...

sorry...

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1K

~

TW: none

~

POV: 3rd (Zedaph)

~~

Zedaph walked down East Mainstreet, one of the four roads going in each compass direction in the Hub, running straight for miles. They start at the Lobby, and legend has it, no one has ever seen the end of them. 

Or those who have don't live to tell about it. 

Snickering, he gazed up at the sky. It was getting dark and the sky was blanketed in a warm painting of colors. Lights sparkled everywhere in the city, some iridescent and cool, others warm and flickering. The world was a buzz of energy, no one resting as they went on with their lives. 

It was beautiful to Zedaph. Magical.

He always thought it was ironic that this magical place hated magic. Feared it. 

Though, he couldn't blame the people around him. They hate magic because they grew up being told magic is bad. And he knows, if he didn't have magic of his own, he would be just like them. He would hate magic and the magical Creatures, too.

As much as he wants to deny it and say he wouldn't be scared of, or hate Creatures, he would. No one knows he is a Creature, so he's heard from every adult growing up that he has to fear magic. He threw the words to the side, ignoring them, but there will always be that hint of doubt eating away in the back of his mind.

So if the words that he knew were false had the ability to convince him, even just a little, they would completely shape his life and way of thinking if he didn't hold the magic himself.

His train of thought was completely interrupted, however, when he spotted someone near him. 

He was standing at a market stand, looking at little mechanical bits and bobs.

That wasn't what caught his attention, though. It was the hot, sparking energy radiating from him. No one else could feel it, not even him, but Zedaph could. He could see any Creature's energy, which made it possible for him to strengthen it. 

Creature's auras are normally faint, barely able to be seen, but this man's was exploding around him, arching out, seemingly reaching towards the nearest flames. The torches reached back, trying to grasp the energy's offered hand. His shoulder's were hunched and his face was screwed up as he held his magic back and he was struggling to act as though nothing wrong.

Zedaph has seen stuff like this before. Some Creatures have to use their magic every once and a while before it builds up and overflows. This man seems to have let his powers not only overflow, but flood the entire room. Thankfully for him, Zedaph knew how to help.

He headed over to the stranger, watching as he bent over, hands gripping the edge of the table cluttered with redstone pieces. The owner of the shop looked worried, not sure what was wrong or what he could do to help.

"Hey man, you good?" Zed asked as he placed a hand on his shoulder. Immediately, he felt a surge of power zap through his veins like electricity. It was fiery hot, feeling as if his blood boiled from the energy coursing through him. After only a second, the pain faded, leaving him feeling energized and alive. The man had relaxed under his touch, in too much pain to question it.

The shop owner leaned forwards, staring at the Creature's sweaty face. "What's wrong with him? Is he okay?" 

"He should be. It was probably just a migraine. I get those all the time."

The energy aura around the Creature drew back, and the flames of the torches flickered away. All that remained was the natural glow every Creature adorned. 

"Yeah," the man said breathlessly. "I'm- I'm fine." His head was still ducked as he dragged his red eyes (just the pupil is red for now) to look at Zedaph. Confusion was evident on his face. Instead of giving him an answer, Zedaph smiled widely.

"See! I knew you'd be alright!" He clapped him on the back.

Another person ran up, startling Zedaph. "Tango? You good?" The Creature, or Tango, nodded. "Are you sure? You don't look very good. And your skin is burning hot!" 

"He's fine, it was only a migraine. As for the hot skin, he may have gotten a fever from it. Just take him home and give him lots of water and put a cold patch or wet cloth on his forehead, and ice-cream. Don't forget the ice-cream!" 

Zedaph had no clue how to deal with migraines, and he surely hoped no one in hearing distance did either. He had never even had one in his entire life. However, judging from the extreme heat Tango's energy had given off and the way flames had flickered towards him, his powers had something to do with fire. Fire related powers normally caused dehydration as the heat sucked the Creatures dry of any water, and the way Tango was swaying about, looking utterly dizzy and on the verge of fainting, he had become severely dehydrated. The only was to cure him of this wretched 'migraine' now was water.

The man nodded, helping Tango stand. "Thank you," he said, shooting Zedaph a smile. He returned it, pride filling his chest.

Spinning on his heels, he walked away, the wide smile never leaving his face. 

Yet again, I have saved the day! Zedaph thought. I'm like a real-life superhero, saving Creatures left and right! You're welcome Minecraft! 

I deserve a gold sticker.

~~

AGGGGGHHH THIS CHAPTER GAVE ME SO MUCH TROUBLE MY GOODNESS IT WAS HARD

But yeah. I had to get it out because I have been stressing about it for forever. I'm so very sorry it took me so long!

Love yall!

~Buh-Bye!! 💛💛