Chapter 3: Man In The Mirror

It's finally here!

LEZ GO!!

~~

Word Count: ~1 K

TW: little bit of blood

~

POV: 3rd (Wels)

~~

The pain was excruciating. A splitting headache that felt as if something was ripping him in two. An invisible force was pushing against his mind, and he was pushing back, struggling not to lose his mind.

Wels let out a choked sob, curling even further into his bed. The terror and pain kept him glued to his mattress, and he knew this was no ordinary migraine. He had always had frequent migraines and this was different. Something was wrong.

Very, very wrong. 

He was weakening fast, losing the tug of war he was playing with his own mind, his breathe coming quick and ragged. It was useless to fight it, though. A blinding flash of pain tore through his head, forcing a ear-piercing scream out of his throat. His mind seemed to crack, the agony disappearing suddenly, leaving Wels laying there, panting, covered in sweat.

With shaky arms, he pushed himself up. He sat there confused for several minutes before getting up on weak legs to stumble to the bathroom. Splashing his face with icy water, he wiped it off with a hand towel. Lifting his face, he jumped back when instead of looking at himself in the mirror, someone else stood there. The person was him, but...darker. 

Hello, they said, but their voice didn't come from their mouth, but sounding as though it was said inside his own mind. Upon seeing his reaction, the person in the mirror jumped up, spinning in circles and pumping their fists in the air. Laughter echoed through his head. It worked! The voice was filled with relief and pure glee. It- It finally worked! Oh my God, it worked... You can hear me, right?

The question was directed at him, but he ironically couldn't find his own voice to answer, instead just watching the clone of himself in the mirror.

The man in the mirror smiled widely, his grin turning increasingly more sinister as they stared at each other.

"Who- who are... who are you?" Wels asked in a whisper

They smirked. Hels. 

"Hels?" The name sounded familiar. Well, other than it sounding like his own name, that is. "What are you?" Wels squinted his eyes, leaning forwards to stare at him.

In response, Hels rolled his eyes. I'm your ~conscious~ Ooga booga boo! He too leaned forwards, raising his hands and wiggling his fingers.

"My conscious?"

No. 

"Then wha-"

I'm another you. I've been stuck inside our head and I just now was able to break free. He smiled the same bone-chilling smile, spreading his arms wide. Now, I'm free to do whatever. Instead of watching from the trunk, duct taped down, I'll be able to drive.

"Drive...?" he merely whispered.

You ask a lot of questions, Hels said, pursing his lips. After a second of though, he shrugged one shoulder. Reasonably so, I guess, since you just found out you have someone else living inside your mind.

And, just so you know, we're Creatures.

Wels' breath caught, a cold sweat breaking out over his skin.