Chapter 37: Veronica

"This is gold." Minnie commented as she sipped her cold coffee, making a video of Dean and Samantha bickering loudly about how during a pose, she had stepped on him with her pointy heels.

"...you are the one who stepped on me! Why are you getting angry?"

"Why was your dumb foot in the way?!"

I sighed as I looked down to the papers in my hand, trying to read them. I kept focusing in and out as I tried to calm down.

I wasn't having the best day today. My meeting didn't go over so well as the Prime Minister refused my idea for the ramp due to some ongoing political issue, so I had Angie meet up with me later. We had found a place which was big enough for a ramp to be set up and it had taken us quite a while to decide how the hall would look. We had to cancel a lot of the contracts we had and make new ones, which had taken hours. Thank god for small mercies, Matt Dewool was so interested in buying my original ramp design hall that almost all the cost for the new one got covered.

Not to mention, last night was honestly too much to handle. I didn't even know when I fell asleep. I had closed my eyes for a bit to think whatever Dean had said but ended up dozing instead. Guilt was like a heavy stone in my stomach.

I had been running around since the crack of dawn today and it was quite difficult for me to even keep my eyes open. And now my two main models were fighting on the set. I waited for a couple of minutes for them to settle their differences, but it seemed their fight will never stop.

As it is, the smell of water and the fishes was giving me a migraine and making me nauseous. I didn't think I would be spending so much time supervising the models as I had a lot on the agenda today, but these two...

I stared at the duo as I clenched my jaw. I had, had enough.

"What is going on here?" I screamed, and the room went quiet

"What is going on here?" I screamed, and the room went quiet. "Dean, Samantha, I need to talk to you." I didn't like to use such a tone and I doubt anyone had ever heard me lose my cool. But I was overwhelmed. It felt my nerve endings were so frayed and stretched that they will snap. Even I am a human being with limits.

Due to the lights focused on them, I could see how startled they were. It did nothing to placate me, though. I was all fired up and I was ready to bash some heads. I was mentally and emotionally done.

They followed me into another gallery where some other aquatic animals were kept. It had glass canopy like structure, which looked like there was a tunnel in the middle of the ocean. The view was beautiful, but my blood boiling in anger didn't simmer. I turned around and faced them, looking at them critically. I mentally fought off another bout of pain. I could literally feel my skull. 

"Samantha. You are one of the top models we have here. Why are you behaving this way?" I spoke through my teeth, barely concealing my anger towards her attitude. She pouted as she looked down. It was a couple of seconds before she spoke. "I do not like him."