Chapter 38: Dean

Chapter 38: Dean

"Dean!" I got gently whacked on the side of my head, making me grin. "I thought we had discussed this."

She folded her hands in front of her while I smiled sheepishly, raising my hand to rub the back of my head, but froze when I heard the material rip a bit.

Veronica facepalmed herself after removing her glasses. Till today, I had no idea she wore those, but according to Minnie, they come out only when she is in BOSS-mode and has to work long hours. Veronica didn't like the look so much, but I loved it. She looked super cute.

Tomorrow is the day when Veronica needs to showcase her work, so it was imperative that everything go smoothly at the dress rehearsal today. And I had sort of made things difficult for her already.

"I didn't realize..." I smiled guiltily. With a huff, she came closer, after tucking her glasses in the cleavage of her t-shirt and began fixing my suit. I watched her, as she focused on her work, holding the thread and the needle in her mouth, trying to decide where exactly the button went before, I had ripped it off while trying the jacket on.

"You should not exercise so much! Do you want to switch up your profession and be cast as broad-shoulders-Steve Rogers in the MCU?" she mumbled as she found the place and threaded the button into the jacket.

I looked down at her, so close, her deep red hair covering her face, her fingers briefly touching my chest to fix the mess. She was so stunningly beautiful to me, that I couldn't control myself. With a quick look, I checked that there was no one around before I drew her to myself with an arm around her waist and another on her neck and kissed her senseless.

It wasn't even a couple seconds long, just a peck, but it was enough to make her blush furiously after we parted. I chuckled as I pinched her cheek and shook it a bit. She was so adorable, I could die. She grabbed the clipboard kept beside her on the chair and hit me again, her eyes not meeting me shyly. Her lips had a small smile.

"We discussed this too!" She groaned as she sat on the chair and covered her face with her palms. I laughed as I went to the back of the room to change into my clothes, thinking about what had happened a couple of days back and how lucky I was.

"I can't handle it anymore!" Veronica had burst into our room, flinging her purse on the desk in the corner. I had felt sticky with sweat as we had a photoshoot in the desert and the heat was sweltering. I had just come out of a bath and was almost done changing. She charged at me which had made me panic a bit.

Had I done something wrong? Maybe the shoot wasn't going as planned.

I was fully prepared to get chewed out but was very pleasantly surprised when she hurled herself in my arms. Hugging me to her, she had nuzzled her face in my chest. My arms were not touching her at all, as they were spread out on the sides, not exactly sure what was happening.