Chapter 5: Veronica

Chapter 5: Veronica

He was hot. Capital H-O-T.

Black hair fell over his inky black eyes. Long nose, full lips, sharp cheekbones, lean but muscular body. I swear, where the fuck had he been all my life? He would be perfect as a showstopper model for the new range of spring collection I had been designing these past few months!

 I swear, where the fuck had he been all my life? He would be perfect as a showstopper model for the new range of spring collection I had been designing these past few months!

He was wearing a black muffler with a dark blue coat and black jeans. Had color-matching abilities too, I nodded approvingly. I looked back into his eyes, which had captivated me in the first place and suddenly, it was like I was in limbo, floating towards the black orbs. Time stood still for both of us, until of course, someone interrupted.

"There you are!" Recognizing the voice, I half turned and smiled at the intruder.

With her dirty blonde hair and big, green eyes, she was a stunner. Anyone who saw her exclaimed that she was the cutest baby ever. Almost 2'10, she always boasted she was the tallest one in her class. And smarter too, I thought.

Pushing her kiddie-cart which was laden with cheese, milk and various assortments of chocolates, the almost-5-year old approached us.

"Who are you?" she asked in her cute little baby voice, turning her gaze on the person I had bumped earlier into. Gods, she was so cute, I could eat her.

His dark eyes tinkled with mirth. "Hello." He said, amused at the bluntness of the little girl as he crouched down to her level and extended a hand for her to shake. "I am Dean Davis. You are?"

"Natalie." She said, albeit shyly, one hand clutching my jean covered leg and the other giving Dean-god his name is so hot- a handshake.

Amidst their conversation however, I found what I was looking for. Grabbing the waffle mix from the aisle in front of me, I smiled. It had been days since I last made one! Tossing the family-pack in my cart, I could almost feel the deliciousness, could taste the heaven, which was a waffle with maple syrup.

Yum

Yum. Or I could try waffles with the honey and date syrup I had got from Dubai.

Double yum.

"You are quite hot." Tuning back into Dean's and Natalie's talk, it was my face which felt hot when that statement escaped Natalie's lips. She was acting a little too mature for this random person and I mentally freaked out what to do. Turning quickly to her, I ordered her to go get the eggs. She did what she was told. Thank god, she was still listening to me. I sighed, kids these days.

Looking at Dean who was looking at me, I let my lips curve into an apologetic smile. "I am sorry for that."

"Whatever for?" He flashed me such a beautiful smile, while straightening up, that I felt disarmed. "I actually take that as a compliment., even though getting that from a 5-year old was definitely a first." He grinned, unphased.

Adding 'modest' and 'humorous' in his list of attributes underneath 'hot' and 'sexy', I smiled back at him, somehow comfortable with talking to a random stranger. I turned my cart to where Natalie was, near the registers, patiently waiting for me. I had just started to push it when something close to sparks shot up my arm. Looking down, I saw Dean had gently taken a hold of my elbow.

I clashed his gaze with mine and raised an eyebrow in a silent question, ready to expect the worst. I wasn't stupid. This was New York. The tingles got worse, so much so that I had trouble concentrating on my I-am-going-to-kick-your-ass look. For some reason, the tingles felt oddly familiar. I wonder why?

"Your name." Dean almost gasped out. I smiled cockily, trying to hide my relief under that smirk. He felt it too. I wasn't the only one! Oh thank God. Never had I felt such immediate connection with anyone before. This was a bit scary.

"If we ever meet again," I said, detangling myself, "I will definitely tell you."

--------------

Okkaaaaay.

They met :D

Murder the comment button people, I love to hear what you think!