Chapter 20: Dean

Chapter 20: Dean

"You did what?!" Kellan screamed right in my ear, making me push his stupid face away with my hand. Letting out an 'oomph', he almost fell off his bean bag chair. Currently, it was late at night and we were at his place, eating takeout pizza while playing Mario Kart.

"Stop it! I can't focus!" I screamed right back at him as I maneuvered 'Luigi'. I was so close to the finish line when 'Princess Peach', Kellan's character shot a blue shell at 'Luigi', making my character fly, and won.

"You always do this!" I groaned in defeat as 'Princess Peach' did her little dance on the screen. Kellan smirked, grabbing another piece of the cheesy pizza. Munching on it like a beast, he smiled at me, tossing the controller on the bed behind us. This gave me enough time to whip out my phone and take a funny picture of him.

I looked at it as soon as Kellan left my side to grab us a couple of beers and snickered; his eyes were half open, and his mouth was in this weird shape. I saved it in my favorites folder. Let him post some bullshit on my birthday this year. I will get him back.

I saw Kellan return and locked my phone, the screen going black. Grabbing one of the two cold beer cans he held in his hands, I opened one and took a sip.

"You seriously accepted her modelling offer?" Kellan asked, sitting back down beside me, copying my actions.

"Yeah, why shouldn't I? I am gorgeous." I flipped my imaginary long hair over my shoulder. Kellan was taking another sip from his can but burst out laughing, effectively spraying all of the beer in his mouth, on my clothes.

"Man, what the hell!?" I laughed, standing up and whipping my hoodie off. I was still clothed in the undershirt so I would be safe from the cold. I put Kellan's washing on and put my hoodie in that.

"I am so sorry! But—you—gorgeous?" he wheezed, not able to catch his breath apparently

"I am so sorry! But—you—gorgeous?" he wheezed, not able to catch his breath apparently. I kicked him lightly in the stomach from my standing position.

"Shut up, Kelly." I muttered, going to stand beside the radiator. I waited for Kellan to calm down, while enjoying the warmth. He stopped after a while though and looked up at me, his blue eyes boring into my black ones. He handed me my can of beer from the floor.

"Damn Dean, who would have thought?"

"Well—I may be replaced, you know?" I shrugged, taking a sip. "I am just filling in till she has a proper replacement."

"But you never know, Dean, what if she doesn't? It's going to be you walking down that ramp. Ooh, let's practice! Do a catwalk!" He slapped his hands together in Edna Mode fashion and whistled. I looked at him in brief irritation.

"Hahaha-No." I started fake laughing and then sobered up. Kellan just grinned.

"Kels, I am nervous about tomorrow." I admitted after a beat, sinking down to the floor beside the radiator. My face got wind of the warm air and I shuddered as a bout of goosebumps came on to me.