14. Get ready

June 8, 1991
12:00pm
<~Zasha~>
I awake from my heavy slumber wrapped in Prince hold. As I look around I noticed we aren't in bed instead we're on the living room floor. "What the hell?" I try to remember how we end up here but I can recall is sex some satisfying intercourse. As I notice my surroundings, I see a half-empty wine bottle on a nearby table, our clothes hanging off the couch. The doorbell interrupts my thoughts making a minor headache appear. I slowly get out of his hold and wobble towards the door.

Ding

"I'm coming." I strain out as I look through the peephole, met with Amber. I crack the door open enough for her to see my face "Hey... what are you doing here?"

"Well good afternoon to you too, you told me to come by last night. Do you not remember?" I squint my eyes trying to think but it only makes the headache worse. "Umm no Amber I don't... and I apologize but I had a busy night." Amber smacks her teeth while examining me. "Alright I'm not coming back any time soon though and when I say soon I mean some days...perhaps weeks."

"Okayyy take care." I quickly close the door, resting my back against it knowing she will be back I sign her checks.
"We had quite the party huh." Prince says while handing me a pill and a glass of water. "That's what it looks like."

2:30 pm
"I give up," Zasha says while throwing the crochet hook and yarn on the table.

"I mean either way I'm getting paid double," Amber says while crocheting a blue blanket. "There's no need to give up you know what to do you just have to get used to the holding positions."

Zasha watches Amber closely "Yeah I know, but I got too much on my mind at the moment, I don't need this extra stress on me at the moment."

"Talk to me."

"I hope you're ready to become an auntie soon." Amber drops her work on the floor "Z you better stop playing." Amber sits beside her and holds her hand "Are you serious? Hold on are you sure? Have you and Prince talked about it?"

"Dead serious, umm I haven't taken one yet but I'm very sure. And nope I kinda don't want to talk him about it until I get the results ." Zasha says while running her fingers through her long hair.

"Hmm, it sounds like you not ready to settle."

"Correct, your right on the money I'm not I mean being a parent is a big responsibility. It's not going to be just me anymore it's- it-" Zasha starts to panic.

"Come down Z," Amber says while rubbing Zasha's back. "You're going to be fine."
Amber spends the next 10 minutes consoling Zasha telling her everything is going to be alright. Not knowing that another pair of ears were listening.

8:30 pm
Zasha is rocking from side to side on the hammock thinking about the future.
"It's getting kinda chilly don't you think?"
A deep voice asks interrupting her from her thoughts. "Oh umm I'm coming... just thinking." He joins her on the hammock "About?" Twenty seconds go by before she responds "Nothing too serious." Prince chuckles "That's how I know it's serious, come on Zasha tell me."

She exhales while admiring the stars "It's nothing honey... at least for now." Prince holds her hand "Are you going to tell me or keep it away from me?" She uses her free hand to cover her eyes from the tears that want to escape. Prince takes notice and comforts her. After 5 minutes of holding her, Zasha earns the courage to tell Prince she's not ready to be a parent.

"Are you afraid?" He asks.

"It's not too much that... it's more like we could have waited a little longer. Okay, maybe a lot longer."
Prince fidgets with her fingers "So you're saying we rushed it?"

"More like I'm not ready." She answers softly waiting for him to respond. But he doesn't respond he continues to fidget with her hands. She clears her throat "Aren't you going to say something?" Prince slowly faces her "I have somewhere to be." He pecks her lips before leaving her alone on the hammock.

<~Zasha~>
"Annnnd done!" I say audibly with exhaustion and satisfaction. I decided to phone Amber to tell her the great news until I look towards the clock that read 12:30 am. "Yeah, she's knocked out for sure." An extended sigh, thinking about the conversation Prince and I had earlier.

My rest is interrupted by knocks at the door. "It's open," I sluggishly say. There's the man himself with a smile on his face, eyes twinkling. "Come with me, I want you to hear something?"
"Now?" I ask stretching already knowing the answer to the question. He walks over to me and pulls me up out of the chair and carries me to his studio.

🎵 If I gave you diamonds and pearls
Would you be a happy boy or a girl
If I could I would give you the world
But all I can do is just offer you, my love
If I gave you diamonds and pearls (pearls, yeah yeah)
Would you be a happy boy or a girl
If I could I would give you the world (give you the world)
All I can do is just offer you my love (all I can do)
If I gave you diamonds and pearls (diamonds)
Would you be, would you, would you, a happy boy or a girl
(Would ya, would ya, would ya be happy little baby)
If I could I would give you the world🎵

The song fades out he waits for me to assert something but all I could do was smile. "Well, you been smiling for 2 minutes now I'm guessing you like it." I finally look towards him "I adored it honey....like is not even the word for that masterpiece." I peck his forehead "I'm guessing the title is Diamonds and Pearls right."

"No, it's let's have a baby." He says with a sarcastic smile.

A deep breath in and out "Can we just wait this all out, I mean we don't even know."

"Oh after last night trust me baby I know."

Even though Zasha was highly aware that he impregnated her she wasn't ready to admit it.