3. Patience

January 21, 1991
Zasha has gotten better day by day the more she didn't have any contact with him the freer she felt. 5:45 am she just got done hand embroidering her beanie.

"Well done Zasha, well done."She says to herself. Someone knocks on the door. "What in the world, it's 5 in the morning?" Zasha whispers.

She grabs her bat from her studio closet and tiptoes to the door. The person knocks again but with a little more tension. She looks through the peephole and sees hazel eyes looking right back at her.

She screams and jumps back "ARE YOU CRAZY!?"

Prince chuckles "Maybe, can u let me in it's cold you know."

Zasha slowly undoes her locks and opens the door. "Why are you here and don't say for me," Zasha says while she walks to the dining area.

He says nothing just stands and looks around. "Well, that just proves my point." She plops down on the love seat and turns on the table lamp.

"I'm going through something's Zasha and I could use some help."

She leans back, and looks him over "Well u look great to me buddy."

He shook his head and sat down next to her "You know what kind of help I meant Zasha, I'm emotionally and physically drained and tired. I just need to know someone still loves me for me." He looks over at her.

Zasha looks at him with concern, " Of course I do Pri-"

He cuts her off "Then come back with me Zash." he scoots closer to her and grabs her hands.

15 minutes later
They're both laying in bed, but Zasha lays wide awake. She didn't give him a full response but she sweet-talked her way from answering the question. She lays on her side and admires Prince sleep, she softly rubbed his sideburns.

"Hmmm it's a little on the rough side, today buddy," She whispered. Her hands slowly moved to his hair she plays with it until she felt him shift. Now his head is turned completely towards her.

"I hope U enjoyed the touching session." He says.

Zasha almost forgot how deep his voice is especially after he wakes.
"Sorry I couldn't sleep, I didn't mean to wake u."

"How come?"He says, slowly opening his eyes to be met with complete darkness.

"I been thinking about ur offer, half of me wants to go back with u but the other half doesn't."

He holds my hands "It's not an offer Zash, whenever your ready you know where to find me."

She doesn't say anything she just reaches over to turn on the lamp. The clock read 10:30 am. She doesn't make eye contact with him because she knows if she does she will be leaving with him.

"So would u be cool with me being on my own a little while longer?"

He clears his throat "Well I was hoping after that session we had, something would have clicked by now." He plays with her hand.

She side-eyes him. "I'm only kidding baby, but honestly yes I'm a little hurt but I don't want to pressure u into doing something ur not quite alright with."

Zasha slowly looks at him and smiles softly "Thank u, now I see a tad bit of progress from you."

3:00 pm
They're both relaxing on the balcony and wait until Prince's ride returns. Prince sips on his coffee while Zasha sips on some green tea.

"I really can't believe you came to the south, I mean I can but at the same time it's quite shocking you know."

He shrugs and sips his coffee "I don't find it shocking, I told you I was coming back for u."

Zasha nods her head and wraps the blanket around her. "Are you not cold?"

Prince shakes his head no "This is not too bad compared to home, you know we can go back inside I just came out to get some air." He finishes his coffee and notices his ride is here.

Zasha sees it too "Well I guess I'll be a dear and walk u out." She said softly.

Prince holds her like he will never see her again. Zasha hugs him like she will never see him again. They held each other for what felt like forever. When they finally release from their session is when Zasha realized she was crying up. Prince wipes her tears away "Are u sure u don't want to come back?"

Zasha slowly nods "I believe it's the best for us at the moment."

"Hmmm, that's what u believe." Prince pecks her forehead "Take care Zash, don't hesitate to at least call."

His security guard opens the door and he gets in. He closes the door "Have a lovely day ma'am," he said and went to the driver's seat.

"You too sir." Zasha wipes her tear and walks back towards the house.

Before Zasha touches the door she hears Prince "Nevermind what u hear, I will always love u!" He shouted from the window before they took a right turn.