15. What's Happiness?

December 7, 1991

Zasha is six and a half months pregnant, she never thought it would be as smooth as it had been for her. The day she announced the news to Prince was the day she saw a very delighted Prince. He turned the guest room into their son's room, she later discovered that he also remodeled a room at Paisley and transformed that into a playroom.
The couple announced their exciting news to Zasha's family last week. It was pretty smooth for the most part at least from her mom and grandparents. But when she introduced him to her father there was a lot of pre-judgment from him, which upset not only Prince but Zasha as well.
Eventually, Zashas's mom got her dad to call and apologize for his actions. But that didn't matter to them they moved on, the pair were too thrilled with becoming parents.

"Alright so when I hit this ball in the pocket, we're hanging up the tree together," Zasha says while bending over slightly, wearing only a satin robe. Prince takes a sip from his wine while watching her from behind "You have to make it first, besides you can't beat the teacher... at least not yet." He says while mumbling the last part.

"That's what you think love." She squint's her eyes concentrating on her target, Zasha pulls back the stick and taps the white ball that had the right amount of force to knock the black into the pocket. "Come again say what!" Zasha lays the pool stick on the table and turns towards a wide-eyed Prince. "You put something in my drink."

"Aww, mon bébé n'aime pas admettre sa défaite," she says while wrapping her arms around his torso.
"Mmm that's sexy, what did you say?" He slides his hands underneath her robe and rubs her behind. She giggles while rubbing his beard "My baby doesn't like to admit defeat."

5:45 pm

"And BOOM!" Amber says as she hops my King winning the game. We were playing a game of checkers, first to win 3 don't have to pack the next 100 orders. "Alright whatever, I still can come back though."

"Face it Zasha you lost buddy just gone do what you gotta do."

"But your nephew here is acting a little grumpy," I say with a slight frown. "Well that's too bad, I'm not doing it besides you like to make deals but never stick to them." Here she goes again, she's not wrong but I want to hear that. "Anyway, I'm going to the restroom," Amber says while getting up from the chair.

As Amber walks down the hall back towards Zasha she passes Prince's office. Hearing a woman's voice on the answering machine she decides to rest her ear against the door and eavesdrop.

"Hey I know you said to stop calling you but I can't stop thinking about you...would one more special night be too much? Anyway, see you at rehearsal."

Amber eyes go wide, hearing something fall she covers her mouth and jogs down the hall. Zasha is bending over to retrieve her snacks she dropped. Amber enters the kitchen looking a little shaken up. "Umm you ok girl?"

"Yeah umm yeah, I'm decent." Amber looks around for any sign of Prince. Zasha opens her bag of granola, "What's up Amber? You look like you seen a ghost." She says while pouring some granola into the yogurt.

"Umm well is Prince here?" Amber asks while taking a seat at the kitchen table.

"No, there's no telling when he'll come back. Why?" Zasha asks while putting the items back where they belong.

"Well it's really not my business but your my best friend, anyways I umm might have overheard a girl on his phone in his office." Zasha chews on her granola slowly to processing the information. "The way it sounded I think he and that person had or probably still has something going on but that's something u two can discuss." Zasha gets up from the chair taking her bowl.

"Where you going?"

"Come," Zasha says while going to his office.

_______

"Hey I know you said to stop calling you but I can't stop thinking about you...would one more special night be too much? Anyway, see you at rehearsal." Zasha played it back three times until Amber stopped her.

"STUPID! What is happiness exactly we can't even last a year without some crazy stuff happening!" Zasha shouts while exiting his office, holding her stomach speed walking to grab the car keys. "NO no no, Z not like this." Amber grabs her hand walking her to the couch to calm down.

"Amber I need to know now," Zasha says with hurt in her eyes.

"I know but we could be overthinking things Zasha I mean he should know better by now. Anyway, let's just keep cool alright until we get to the bottom of this." Zasha leans back on the couch doing some breathing exercises. "There you go I'll get u some water."

8:40pm

The longer he took to come home, the angrier Zasha became but she had to calm down knowing it's not just her anymore. Something told her to just pack her things the other half told her to wait a little longer but Zasha was tired of being played. She was tired of asking herself "What am I going to do with you" The you always referred to Prince.

Amber helped pack the majority of her items, Zasha was determined to leave immediately after she got down to the bottom of this chaos.

Prince is met with a furious Zasha and an energetic Kahzoo playing with his toys. "What's wrong baby?" Prince immediately rushes over to Zasha caressing her stomach. Zasha wipes her eyes and watches Kahzoo "I want the truth Prince, and I mean nothing but the damn truth. Who's the chick calling the phone?" Prince looks at her, a minute goes by before he answeres it only boils Zasha's temp more. "She's a dancer."

Zasha faces him with a frown "That's it, Prince it's really not the time for short answers ur only making it harder on yourself... I'm trying to hear you out before I walk out this mug." That got his attention "What you mean walk out? Leaving? What are you gonna leave for Zasha!"

"WHAT YOU MEAN WHAT am I going to leave for? I'm sick and tired of this Prince I asked you about this chick in the past that's when I let you slide but I'm not about to tolerate the lies my body doesn't need this."

"Baby I... I am not cheating I can promise u that I-"

"I didn't ask anything about cheating, I just want to know who this girl is, why she calling here...but since you brought it up y'all had or perhaps still have something going on she over here calling about how she misses you and another special night."

Prince is lost for words he told the truth about not cheating, what he and Mayte had was before Zasha and him got back together.

"She's an ex-"

"I don't need to hear anymore, I'm done, Prince."  She slowly gets up from the couch, Prince takes her hand "Will you please let me finish?!"

"NO, I'm tired of the bull Prince." She snatched her hands away.

"Baby...Zasha don't do this to us, I know it seems messed up but baby you have to trust me I gave her my number for business purposes only, we had a little one night stand but that was-" Zasha claps her hand together "I DON'T WANNA HEAR IT!" Immediately she grabs her head feeling dizzy. Prince rushes over and sits her down but she shoves him off. "Let me help you Zasha." There's a knock at the door, Zasha opens it already knowing who it is. "You good?" Amber asks as soon as she comes in. "Yeah, I'm ready to go come on Zoo." Prince's eyes go wide as he comprehends what's taking place. Kahzoo follows Zasha with a toy in their mouth.

"Zasha don't do this." He says as he walks near her but Amber steps in his way. "Just leave her alone right now man don't you see she's carrying a child, it's best you just let her have some time." Zasha walks out of the house to the running car. "ZASHA!" Prince shouts while she exits, he tries to go by Amber without laying a hand on her. "Amber GET OUT MY DAMN WAY!" She does as soon as Zasha is in the car. Prince goes over to the passenger side "Baby come back we don't have to talk this now...just come back." As he's talking he realizes the packed bags in the back seat that's when reality hits him, he backs up with his hands over his head.

Zasha breaks down as soon as Amber backs up out of the driveway. "Where to?"

"Anywhere away from here." Zasha looks up to see Prince stomping back towards the house while they exit the driveway.