4.Its That Time

January 30, 1991
Zasha didn't know what he meant by that statement until today. When she saw the tabloids of him with other females.

"Did you see them Z?"

"Yeah, I saw them, Amber," Zasha said as she did laundry.

"Girrlll now that doesn't make any sense, how can a man look that beautiful and masculine at the same time?"

Zasha chuckles at her friend and shakes her head. "I have no clue girl, but what are you doing for your birthday?"

"The normal go visit family and collect some goodies here and there."

"I hope ur not talking about-"

"Nooo Zasha get your head out the gutter, I'm actually talking about money. Wait a minute let me calculate you are doing laundry, you don't sound yourself today."

Zasha sighs, "No I'm not sick, you already know what time it is Amber."

"Umm no It's 1:50, what are you talking about?"

"Think deep Amber, I gotta go now happy birthday and take care."

2:00pm
Zasha is now bawled up groaning wrapped in the covers saying all kinds of things. "Got dawg got dawg GOT DAWG." The cramps are hitting hard. What seems like forever, slowly goes away. She sighs, and just when she was about to rest her eyes her phone rings. She huffs and answers it tiredly "Hello?"

"Zasha, I need u to pick up your sisters from school today."

Zasha closes her eyes "Today? What time are we speaking?"

"3:30."

Zasha sighs "Sure Mom."

"Ok love u bye." She hangs up.

"Well love u too." Zasha puts the phone back on the hook and lays on her back. "Great just great no rest for me, might as well make a call."

Paisley Park Studios
Prince and the band are having a fun day today they're playing basketball.

"Shoot that!" Prince shouted as he passed it to Kirk. Kirk missed but Prince rebounded it and layed it back up. "Game, that's how it's done. I'm out." He leaves and heads for his room. As he walks a receptionist tells him Zasha called and asks should she call her back? He looks over his shoulders at her while he's walking "No thanks."

11:40pm
He's now laying in his empty bed wondering would Zasha ever pick up. He called her twice he's debating on whether to call her again. Prince sighs and calls her again on the third ring someone answers.

"Who this?" Her brother said.

"Who you?"Prince says sounding hood.

"You called hear man if ur look-" Zasha snatches the phone from her brother Jordan.
She gives Jordan a mean glare and he walks away.

"You just tell homeboy it's too late to be calling especially with a voice like that," Jordan said on his way out.

Zasha puts the phone up to her ear and lays down in her bed "Hi."

"Who was that?" Prince said sounding irritated.

"That was my brother, rude stuff."

"Sorry wasn't expecting to hear a brotha voice on the other side."

"Mhmm you know I'm just going to let u call me from now on because the holding and waiting about 30 minutes is too much." She says while playing with the phone cord.

He waits a few seconds before he responds. "It's that time huh?" Prince smirks expecting her to say something intimidating.

She takes a deep breath "You have a nice night sir and sweet dreams to you sweetheart, call back in a couple of days or not at all." She doesn't listen to his response and puts the phone back on the hook. "It's time for u to be respectful of my sleep." She says as she adjusts her pillows and slowly falls to sleep.

Prince puts the phone back and shakes his head. "Moody Zasha, never digged that side that much." He says as he walks out of his room to studio B.