Battles Ahead

(Image not mine)

I followed Susan out of the small house and into the dark street where the others were preparing to leave. We quickly boarded our brooms and hovered mid-air beside each other, waiting for Moody's signal.

Once Harry was safely on Hagrid's motorbike, Moody stood at the front of our line of pairs. "Head for the Burrows. We'll rendezvous there. On the count of three!"

I held tightly onto my broom, not yet used to being in another person's body. I wasn't sure if I would be able to fly as well in Harry's body as I could in my own. But my chances of staying alive relied on my ability to fly, so I prayed I could.

"One..." Moody called, "Two... three!"

I leaned forward, willing to broom to zoom past the man. Susan was right next to me, flying in sync with my movements. In front of us, another pair of people flew straight into the dark clouds, leading the way to the Burrows.

"Stick next to me, Harry!" Susan called over the winds to me, remembering to keep my cover. "This is going to get bumpy."

"Right!" I shouted back, focusing on keeping my balance in the storm clouds.

Ahead of us, light burst from the clouds. At first, I thought it was lightning, but as we got past the clouds I realized I was terribly mistaken. The light was not from the sky, but rather from the wands of the dark wizards zipping through the clouds.

"Duck!" Susan yelled.

I dove immediately, spiraling out of the way of a bright green spell. When I returned to Susan's side, I realized just how much danger I was in. Being Harry was a lot more dangerous than I thought.

"I'll protect this side, you get that side," Susan shouted, pulling out her wand, "But don't stop flying towards the Burrow!"

I nodded, pulling out my wand as well. It was a good thing that the first thing I thought to do was cast a shield charm since not a second after I did, two spells were shot straight at me. The charm deflected them, allowing me to shoot stunning spells at the dark wizards who had shot them.

We kept flying, swerving out of the way of the other wizards and witches in the sky. At this point, I had completely lost where our friends were. I could only hope they were doing alright. There was no way I could track them down and help them while being attacked at the same time.

"Potter!" A man snarled as he flew towards me, "This one had better be you!"

I cried out in pain as a spell I didn't recognize shot past my arm, grazing it. Before the man had the chance to finish the job, Susan shouted a stunning spell at him, knocking him off of his broom. I winced as I placed my hand on the arm the spell had touched. It was wet with blood.

"Are you alright?" Susan called worriedly.

Gritting my teeth, I kept applying pressure to the gash in my arm, "Fine,"

We kept going, deflecting and shooting spells as fast as we could. The wound made it hard to deflect spells and steer. At the speed we were going, it was hard to even hit one of Death Eaters. But I managed to knock two out of the sky before we broke from the clouds.

"We should go back and help!" I shouted to Susan, worried for the friends we left behind.

"We can't!" She looked torn too, "We have to follow Moody's orders. He knows what he's doing. Besides, your arm needs medical attention."

I sighed frustratedly, glancing once more over my shoulder at the stormcloud we had just left. It was still lighting up with spells. Thankfully, no one had followed us out. We just might be able to make it to the Burrow without any further interruptions.