Fifty two : Hope

Harsh long steps can be heard approaching which makes hoseok to take a look. He gulped hard and stepped forward, immediately placing his hand on the other's chest, stopping him on his way.

"Let go hoseok" Yoongi spoke, voice tight and controlled.

"Go easy yoongi, your anger will only make him feel worse" Hoseok says calmly, sensing his friend's anger and deciding not to trigger it more.

"Like showering all the love made him better!?" Yoongi scoffed, fist naturally clenching as he looks straight to the ahead room.

Hoseok sighs, "Try to understand his condition--"

"Fuck with this lecture hoseok, move aside... I want to see him." His tone was as hard as his face which made hoseok to disappointedly retreat his hand.

"He's conscious?" Yoongi asks shortly which made hoseok to look up at him and nod.

Hoseok closes his eyes for a brief moment, he felt too disappointed and failed at this moment. He was attending his patient when a nurse came in informing that emergency treatment is given to the patient of his special concern—an attempt of suicide by cutting the wrist vein.

It was heartbreaking to know he was not able to provide any help with jungkook's depression till now and instead it lead him to the thoughts of suicide which is the one thing that occurs naturally for a depression suffering patient.

He still doesn't understand what made jungkook to press the call button but he's thankful that he did as it saved him at the right time by the attended doctor and nurses.

The first and only one he informed was yoongi which he hesitated but it was better than informing jimin or namjoon first. He knows the other two would panic instantly and somewhere for the same reason yoongi chose to not inform them as well. Definitely not jimin at this moment as he knows his husband would immediately let taehyung know about it.

What hoseok didn't expected was the unexplainable rage it caused to yoongi.

"Yoongi please, calm yourself down for a sec--" Hoseok was abruptly cut off.

"Oh i can definitely calm down after knowing he fucking tried it again" Yoongi growls, eyes turning hard and wild.

Hoseok still didn't wanted to let yoongi get in the room as jungkook is too sensitive at this point and allowing yoongi to let his anger out on him was definitely deniable.

He was trying to find ways to not let yoongi step in and in the meantime yoongi's patience ran thin as he walked past him, giving him no time to respond.

The door was whooshed open with a thud on the wall, flinching jungkook from his depressing thoughts and slowly lean back to the bed's headboard.

His eyes, shaded by dark circles were directed at the door, finding his hyung with cold rage written on his face.

Yoongi's dark eyes dart at jungkook's bandaged wrist and then back at him. Wasting no more seconds, he stomped towards the younger, hands raising on its way—

—the loud sharp sound of slap filled the air with hoseok gasping in disbelief and rushing towards jungkook.

The younger had his face turned to the other side by the force, feeling the stinging pain lingering on his left cheek. A single tear rolled down from his tiry eyes.

"Are you out of your mind?" Hoseok shouts at yoongi, holding on jungkook protectively.
He gestures the nurse present in the room to leave which she does immediately.

"I should've done it way before!" Yoongi points his finger at hoseok, "you stay out of this"

"No!" Hoseok hisses, "You can't do this, he's...he's not well to deal with your emotions right now, yoongi"