Nineteen : Hope

Jimin airily watches his friend who walks out of the room after making jungmin sleep under the warmth of sheets. Taehyung loosened a long weary sigh, sitting beside jimin on the couch.

"Seems like shopping is really tiring for jungo" Jimin chuckled, keeping the shopping bags over the low glass table.

"Also me" Taehyung leaned back, resting his head on the arm of the couch, pressing his eyes shut.

Jimin gave a weak nod, glance darting towards his nine-year-old daughter. His eyes narrows at the sight of nivi munching on the cookies deliciously. "Nivi, you'll rott your teeth, that's enough"

Nivi's face twisted in a sullen expression, choosing to disregard him by keeping her attention back on the cookies. Jimin sighed, about to chide his daughter but taehyung's voice came up softly.

"I earn quite decently" The tone and those words were rather odd as jimin chose to listen patiently, "A private contract of paintings gains me more than what you and jin earn in the bake shop for a month"

Taehyung opens his eyes, his gaze falling on his friend's frowned face, "I'm not boasting"

"I know, but what is it? The point?" Jimin demands in a calm voice.

Taehyung takes some time before shifting a little and sitting properly, "Tell yoongi hyung to stop trying"

Jimin's brow held up, senses alerting. Taehyung smells the rise of tension between them. He doesn't flicker off his gaze from jimin as he says, "To convince me...tell him to stop it"

Jimin didn't needed much explaining to understand, "The share is rightfully yours an--"

"I don't want any share" Taehyung cuts him off, vexed to repeat his words again and again. "Can be kept within the company or given to those who need help"

Jimin gives a long nod, "Right but what about the--"

"Properties? Mansion? It's in the name of company, no?" Taehyung's voice was irked. "Then why convince me to take it?"

Jimin moves to his side, wanting to calm his friend before having this conversation but taehyung's next words broke the line of his patience.

"Pity? Is that why?" The look taehyung had on his face was utterly disappointing that jimin's jaw set in a clench, "Taehyung!"

Taehyung looked away, rubbing his forehead as it feels like aching.

Jimin let out a heavy sigh, "I care for you and jungmin... but it's not the same for yoon"

"The picture is more wide for yoon as it involves jungkook" Taehyung felt a shudder striking his body upon hearing that name. "Jungkook wasn't just like a brother to him but was his brother. Nothing new that you don't know!"

Taehyung didn't dare to look upon his friend, at his disappointed fury.

Jimin felt his tongue tied for a moment, closing his eyes and taking a hesitant long breath. "He's trying to convince you...for jungmin"

Taehyung's brows creased downwards, letting a frown take over his face.

"Whatever jungkook owns is rightfully yours and jungmin's too. You are his husband and jungmin is his son" Jimin stresses on word to word.

"Yoon respects your decision but he doesn't want everything to be put under the company's name when jungmin has every right on it"

Taehyung tries a weak attempt to object, "Jungmin doesn't need--"

"Yoon wants jungmin to have all those that belongs to his father... a try to fill jungkook in his life" Jimin speaks for his husband, defending him with everything because there's nothing wrong in what yoongi is trying and he wants taehyung to understand it.