Death Dealers

Theme song: "Cupid" by Victoria Monet

Omniscient POV

After consoling King and helping him pry his way back into he and Lavender's room, Laurent creeps his thoroughly exhausted body into he and Winter's room. Smiling he finds her in what looks like to be a peaceful sleep. She lays beautiful and pregnant in nothing, but a sports bra, panties, and his open dress shirt. Undressing quietly he slips into the bed with her.

Taking one last peek at the clock, it's 11:00pm. He realizes he's been gone since 4;00pm this afternoon. It didn't even seem like he was gone for seven hours. But then his guilt begins consuming him. He left his melancholy three months pregnant wife alone, for hours. Kissing her softly, he wraps her in his arms. Feeling his body press to her, Winter cuddles deeper into his grasp. Letting the sounds of her soft breathing lull his tired mind, Laurent falls asleep in no time.

As Winter lays sleeping, the dreams of Kingston start again. At first it's as though everything is on repeat. Stuck in a loop of watching him be born in a statue like state. Everything playing so slowly to embed the trauma deeply in her mind. So on the third day time stopped, or so it seemed.

At 3 o'clock in the morning Winter's eyes popped open like antique doll eyes. Sitting up her eyes blinking rapidly to adjust to the dim lighting of she and Laurent's bedroom. Slipping out the bed Winter rummages around for a pen and paper. Once finding them, she scribbles down as much as she can remember before it escapes her mind; like trying to catch air in a butterfly net.

"Mama, what's wrong?" Sleep coating Laurent's voice as he stretches and sits up. Absolutely exhausted still, he looks at the clock to see it's 3:03 in the morning. "Bay-bay, come back to bed. Please you need to rest."

"No, I can't! I can't! I have to do this! It will work!"

"Mama what? You're not making any sense. What is going on?" Rubbing his eyes, Laurent watches Winter zip around like a mad woman. "Winter!" Ignoring him she continues running around mumbling incoherent words to herself. "WINTER!" Laurent yells to catch her attention.

"I have to do this! I have to save Kingston! Please I don't have the time to play around!"

Getting out of the bed, Laurent walks over to Winter and places his hands on her shoulders, to hinder her movements.

"Mama, he's gone. I'm sorry, but he's gone."

"No, no. No he's not!" Shaking her head frantically Winter refutes Laurent's words.

"Yes, mama. He is. I know you really torn up about it, but we've done all we can. Even my maw and me. We tri-."

"No! Lavender said she didn't want to use shadow magic! y'all shouldn't have done that! God I have to go! I hope you didn't taint it!" Wiggling from his grasp, Winter runs into the closet to get dressed.

Pulling on a red t-shirt dress, jean jacket, and sneakers she rushes out the closet.